LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are bags traveling down the Hi-way? I'm going home on leave in March and if the money is right I'm getting my shit bagged. But i'm scared to drive that long of a distance without knowing the reliability of airbags. It's just going to be a basic f/b set-up, how low will it set? Because if I pop a bag or bust a line I don't wanna be pancakin doin 70mph.

·
Registered
382 Posts
ha ha pancaked at 90 blew the line from my compressor "engine driven" forgot n left it on had 600 psi that was when i had my bodydropped d-50. but i would just get some extra hose n ride out usually no problems and if you do encounter the hose or bag blowin just brake fast and pull over. ive driven for a wayz in that truck with no problems also at speeds up to 140mph

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
love it....
never rode in a juiced ride at highway speeds, so I cant compare, but my car is great, even without front shocks... and on skinny ass 13's... at 70-80 MPH...
a little boaty in the front sometimes, because I removed the sway bar, but all in all its fine.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! Yeah my friend said to get a spare bag and extra line incase that happens. I just wanna make sure, it will be o.k. not worried about the ride, just the worry of my shit poppin. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 9 2004, 07:55 PM
ha ha pancaked at 90 blew the line from my compressor "engine driven" forgot n left it on had 600 psi that was when i had my bodydropped d-50. but i would just get some extra hose n ride out usually no problems and if you do encounter the hose or bag blowin just brake fast and pull over. ive driven for a wayz in that truck with no problems also at speeds up to 140mph
haha, I was leaving a show one time, had the playstation controller on the back seat, turned the corner out of the parking lot, and dropped the right side...
went to raise it back up, and it just kept falling, I was like, WTF??
everytime I raised it up, the drivers side would drop also...

after a few seconds, my car ground to a stop in the middle of the road...

no pressure at all in the tank, figured I popped a line or something..

pop the hood, start checking lines and shit, everything looked good..

then i noticed the cooler laying on top of the playstation controller..
aparently when I dropped the side, the cooler fell on the controller and was holding one of the valves open, so when I hit it up with my console switches, it basically emptied my tank with the quickness...

how embarassing

:(

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will my car lay frame with just #2600 bags or not? I want it to but not really cause I don't wanna tear my belly up in the unlikely event that it happens (blowout)

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by DOPE-BOY FRESH@Jan 9 2004, 09:09 PM
Will my car lay frame with just #2600 bags or not? I want it to but not really cause I don't wanna tear my belly up in the unlikely event that it happens (blowout)
what car is it?

but really, some cars, like my 64, will never lay frame, unless the suspension is seriously reworked.

·
Registered
382 Posts
no i didnt .......but yea for such a heavy car why didnt it drop faster?? also what size valves ,lines,how much psi??"bigdan"

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Jan 9 2004, 09:51 PM
no i didnt .......but yea for such a heavy car why didnt it drop faster?? also what size valves ,lines,how much psi??"bigdan"
i have reducers and mufflers installed in the drops, the back is reduced to 1/4" NPT, and the front is 1/8" NPT..
I like the slow, controlled drop. all the valves, fittings, ports, etc are 1/2".... and I run 175PSI with a 12 gallon tank..

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
damn i am jealous of you guys i figure i have to put some stops to keep by kar from going all the way down cuz i lay body imagine a bag blowing while driving
i have seen juiced cars blow a line and i heard of a guy that blew a line while on the freeway and flipped over i don't want to do that

:0

that would be fucked
but i say always have an extra bag and spare line and a smalll toolbox with the reguired tools

i always carried spare bag and stuff with an extra valve but i only had to change a bag once it blew out

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Like I always say, it's all about preventive maintenance. But it's also about preparation. What everyone's saying is correct, you always want to keep that "emergency bag" in the car. Tools, spare parts, etc. You want to think about the worse thing happening in the worse place. It normally won't be that bad but you should still be prepared for it. Down to a rolled up poncho for "monsoon" emergencies to a couple extra little as screws/nuts/bolts 'cause you know you're going to drop one on that gravel shoulder at 2:00 in the morning; and there's no way you're going to find THAT damn thing. Also if you plan to do a lot of highway driving, you may want to re-think "laying frame." I wanted to "lay body" but because I'm always on the road I decided laying "a half inch off the ground" is a lot safer in the event of an emergency.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jan 10 2004, 12:25 PM
Like I always say, it's all about preventive maintenance. But it's also about preparation. What everyone's saying is correct, you always want to keep that "emergency bag" in the car. Tools, spare parts, etc. You want to think about the worse thing happening in the worse place. It normally won't be that bad but you should still be prepared for it. Down to a rolled up poncho for "monsoon" emergencies to a couple extra little as screws/nuts/bolts 'cause you know you're going to drop one on that gravel shoulder at 2:00 in the morning; and there's no way you're going to find THAT damn thing. Also if you plan to do a lot of highway driving, you may want to re-think "laying frame." I wanted to "lay body" but because I'm always on the road I decided laying "a half inch off the ground" is a lot safer in the event of an emergency.
well my body lays flush with my frame but if it goes down in one front corner it will anchor or fuck up my fender i always carried like an extra car in my trunk

but bags are very good ride for a long trip just always be prepared cuz if something goes out they dont have extras at the next chevron

1 - 20 of 22 Posts