LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking for these motorized headlights for a while now.

Last edited by BUTTAFINGUZ at Dec 30 2003, 12:18 PM

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
good luck, these are very hard to find. I have only seen two cars with them. and they have both been on the cover or in the lowrider magazine...........................

honestly I dont think their are any left, for the fact that the front of the car is the most likley part of the car to get into an accident, so I dont think many survived threw out the years...

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by monte carlo@Dec 30 2003, 12:26 PM

honestly I dont think their are any left, for the fact that the front of the car is the most likley part of the car to get into an accident, so I dont think many survived threw out the years...
Damn :angry: . Come to think of it, Lowrider Magazine is the only place I've ever seen them.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
'67s didn't come with hidden lights. '68s and '69s did. Mike Lopez from Lifestyle has/had a '67 that had custom made hidden headlights. You can find them on Ebay every once in a while. I have a set for my '69 and an spare set. Paid $300 for the first set and 100 for the second one(it was missing the vacuum tank). You can modify your old core support if you find a set that doesn't have it. I will be using a polished stainless steel vacuum tank instead of the original. Had taken the old tank apart to chrome but decided it wasn't worth the expense, plus the stainless tank has a vacuum gauge on it. I knew a guy who used power door lock solenoids to move his headlight doors. If you need a set, let me know. I run into a set every once in a while.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
'67s didn't come with hidden lights. '68s and '69s did. Mike Lopez from Lifestyle has/had a '67 that had custom made hidden headlights. You can find them on Ebay every once in a while. I have a set for my '69 and an spare set. Paid $300 for the first set and 100 for the second one(it was missing the vacuum tank). You can modify your old core support if you find a set that doesn't have it. I will be using a polished stainless steel vacuum tank instead of the original. Had taken the old tank apart to chrome but decided it wasn't worth the expense, plus the stainless tank has a vacuum gauge on it. I knew a guy who used power door lock solenoids to move his headlight doors. If you need a set, let me know. I run into a set every once in a while.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by AWSOM69@Dec 30 2003, 01:15 PM
Mike Lopez from Lifestyle has/had a '67 that had custom made hidden headlights.
I think that's the car I saw. Black 67 with skirts? I don't know the guys name cause it's a japanese lowrider book but it's a Lifestyles C.C. car. How much trouble were yours to install cause I my be interested?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Wasn't much trouble. You can see where to cut the core support. There are dimples where the cutout should be. Then it was just a matter of lining everything up so that the doors would not get caught on something and the grill and headlight doors lined up correctly. Took about an hour and half. Whoever did the black '67 from Lifestyle did a really good job. I thought it was a rare factory option when I first saw it. Some of the components you can buy brand new. The vacuum tank is similiar to the one the RS Camaro used('67?). The vacuum solenoids are the same as the Camaros, as is the headlight switch. You can also get the switch off of old Rivieras that have hidden headlights. Just keep an eye on the ebay auctions and be prepared to go to auction war. I was lucky with mine. I found a guy who had an old Caprice that they were parting out for my first set. And I found another guy who had one rusting away in a field in Kentucky. I was able to get the headlight doors, the mechanisms and the vacuum solenoids for less than a hundred bucks. Sometimes you can find a set in the National Impala Association classifieds. Be prepared to pay around 300-400 dollars for a complete setup. It's worth it. There are about 3 '69s with hidden headlights here in San Diego. And you very seldom see them. Make sure you use a grill from a Caprice or SS Impala. They have two horizontal stainless steel trims that line up with the trim on the headlight doors('69).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts