LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
under the a arms theres a little pad of metal that the a-arm bumpstop would hit. First you need to take that rubber bumpstop out. Then hammer down or cut out that pad of metal so the a-arm can come all the way down and touch the frame. Extending them an inch will also get you a higher lockup. Once the a-arms sides are touching the frame you are maxed out on lift unless there are spindle options.

·
Registered
670 Posts
THE 85 DELTA IS THE FULL-SIZE CAR(B-BODY) JUST LIKE THE CAPRICES, OR CADDIES. SO IT WILL ALREADY HAVE THE BIGGER UPPER A-ARMS.TAKE OUT THE BUMP STOPS LIKE COUPEDTS SAID AND EXTEND THE A-ARMS. ALSO U CAN USE THIS BALL JOINT WHICH IS 1/2 TALLER TO GET A LITTLE HIGHER Part #: PROK5208.5SP FROM www.powerperformancemotorsports.com

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
I wouldnt know why the height of them would be any different. Only thing Ive heard for differences is different spindles to hold different size rotors, and the smaller rotors like the caprice ones have a smaller bolt pattern than caddys. I dont know why they would mess with the height

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THE 85 DELTA IS THE FULL-SIZE CAR(B-BODY) JUST LIKE THE CAPRICES, OR CADDIES. SO IT WILL ALREADY HAVE THE BIGGER UPPER A-ARMS.TAKE OUT THE BUMP STOPS LIKE COUPEDTS SAID AND EXTEND THE A-ARMS. ALSO U CAN USE THIS BALL JOINT WHICH IS 1/2 TALLER TO GET A LITTLE HIGHER Part #: PROK5208.5SP cFROM www.powerperformancemotorsports.com
Thanx bro ima try that out havent checkes if it has any bump stops yet been working kinda late from 7 to 7 but its all gravy

·
Registered
19,888 Posts
ok to make it easy your delta is the oldsmobile version of the caprice,same frame and suspension,remove bump stops like coupedts said and if you still wanna go higher then extending your a arms is where your left at..

just make sure your brake lines are long enough to allow for all the travel. if you wanna go even higher i dont personally recommend it and alot of people may frown on it but theres always them damn lift spindles for donks :uh:

start with bump stops and tips already mentioned in here first though.

·
Still on one....
6,513 Posts
Like it was mentioned.........flatten the little part on top outside edge of the spring pocket....extend your uppers......everything you have is like all the fullsize cars....and you can rework your own spindles or put lift spindles....but " QUALITY " spindles aint gonna be cheap.....but you have options....:cool:

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
THE 85 DELTA IS THE FULL-SIZE CAR(B-BODY) JUST LIKE THE CAPRICES, OR CADDIES. SO IT WILL ALREADY HAVE THE BIGGER UPPER A-ARMS.TAKE OUT THE BUMP STOPS LIKE COUPEDTS SAID AND EXTEND THE A-ARMS. ALSO U CAN USE THIS BALL JOINT WHICH IS 1/2 TALLER TO GET A LITTLE HIGHER Part #: PROK5208.5SP FROM www.powerperformancemotorsports.com
i thought caprice was a c body? my boys 87 caprice came with 13" rotors, and my 88 cadi has 14" rotors... :dunno:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts