LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to kno how i could get the highest possible 3 out of my s-10 with 8 in front and 16inch rear i have 4 link 3 pumps and a chain bridge but my chain bridge is wierd it looks like an upside down Y i wanna kno what lengths i should have on the chains and alse ive broken the trans before i have a different driveshaft in it but im not to sure bout it it has a real long slip yolk that goes into the trans. my chain looks like this
i
/\

Last edited by Day Day at Oct 8 2003, 09:37 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Oct 9 2003, 06:20 AM
and they should be tight with about 4" of stroke left when you lift level
That's exactly what I was about to say. When you lift you entire rear end, your chains should limit the travel by 60 - 75% depending on how wicked a set-up you plan on building. And the previous statement was right, for 16" cylinders, you want the chains to limit the rear end to about 12".

(Sorry 'bout the double-post.)

·
Registered
839 Posts
i dont know 1 say /\ and 1 says \/ i always heard this is the best/\ and the chain should be half the size of the clyinder if its 16 make the 8's for the best performance

·
Registered
310 Posts
ILL BE A SON OF A BITCH!!!! You guys are gonna break out and tell me that \/ is the best way for a chain bridge,...and i JUST FINISHED installing the chain brdige in the back like normal /\

DAMNIT!!!!!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :guns: :thumbsdown: :twak: :( :machinegun:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Oct 9 2003, 09:27 AM
been lot of posts on this........and arguments each way.
to be sure, ibuilt mine with attatchment to allow both / \ and \ /,

\ / is definatly better :)
Whats up man u can get higher like that ?? what do think all that stress does though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts