LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the one page that tells you how to do the hinges for the doors, i cant see how big the copper tube is cuz it is so small someone please help as soon as possible.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sorry so small, I got that from somebody who got it from another.....
But I think it says 1/4 inch tubing and .025 wire. Just get whatever looks right, I think anything larger than that would look too big.
Also you want the wire to fit nicely inside and not move around too much

·
Registered
743 Posts
No prob, I like to see threads on here that are actually related to models and not a big bitch fest like most of the shit posted here these days.
PM me if you need anyhting else.
D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've never heard of anyone who uses this technique but I use bread tie wire for hinges and they work dam well. I have always had a hard time getting real hinges to fit right and when you do get them done they stick out like a sore thumb and don’t look real at all. Bread tie wire remains completely hidden and lets you position your doors and trunks open or closed with ease.

This model is using bread tie wire for hinges.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali@Aug 28 2003, 03:04 PM
what i use for hinge material is wd40 tube and insulated paperclips the fit juust right ;)
its something like this a little real ruff picture but you get the point.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Aug 28 2003, 10:00 AM
I've never heard of anyone who uses this technique but I use bread tie wire for hinges and they work dam well. I have always had a hard time getting real hinges to fit right and when you do get them done they stick out like a sore thumb and don’t look real at all. Bread tie wire remains completely hidden and lets you position your doors and trunks open or closed with ease.

This model is using bread tie wire for hinges.
how do you do the bread tie thing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts