LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
what do you mean??? are you talking about a manual set-up or a fast valve (electric) set-up???

well to answer your questions a manual set-up uses "air toggels" the flow of air is controlled somewhat, depending on how you push and hold your switch.
a fast valve set-up uses 3 posetion toggels just like hydraulics, the flow of air is "all or nothing" just like juice. the flow cannot be controlled unless you put a regulator on your tank, or get nitrogen. ask 216rider.
hope this helped. i still say do it right and get juice!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by stankin85@Nov 29 2003, 06:34 PM
what do you mean??? are you talking about a manual set-up or a fast valve (electric) set-up???

well to answer your questions a manual set-up uses "air toggels" the flow of air is controlled somewhat, depending on how you push and hold your switch.
a fast valve set-up uses 3 posetion toggels just like hydraulics, the flow of air is "all or nothing" just like juice. the flow cannot be controlled unless you put a regulator on your tank, or get nitrogen. ask 216rider.
hope this helped. i still say do it right and get juice!!! :biggrin:

ok thanks man , yer id rather juice but for a model , yes fuckin models again lol , i got an idea for a workin airbag setup.. so i was woundering how the flow of air is controlled by a switch

·
Registered
558 Posts
air is like hydroz vice versa, basically when you hit a switch lets say up it opens a valve which pressurized air goes into a bag or air cylinder and when you hit the switch the other way it releases the pressurized air out of the bag which makes it go down where as in a juic setup the fluid is not pressurized until you hit the switch up where the pump does its magic and pressurizes and shoot the juice into the cylinder and then the dump sends back the juice back into the resovoir tank, if I am wrong shoot me but thats the best way for me to explain it

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Nov 29 2003, 01:14 PM
air is like hydroz vice versa, basically when you hit a switch lets say up it opens a valve which pressurized air goes into a bag or air cylinder and when you hit the switch the other way it releases the pressurized air out of the bag which makes it go down where as in a juic setup the fluid is not pressurized until you hit the switch up where the pump does its magic and pressurizes and shoot the juice into the cylinder and then the dump sends back the juice back into the resovoir tank, if I am wrong shoot me but thats the best way for me to explain it
im anal about the fact that pumps dont create pressure, they create flow...

pressure is resistance to flow..

;)

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Nov 29 2003, 12:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Nov 29 2003, 12:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1lorodeo@Nov 29 2003, 01:14 PM

;)[/b][/quote]
tell that rider punk to check his PMS :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Nov 30 2003, 04:14 AM
alright thanks man , that makes sence , i guess the next question is how does the valves work , how are they mad and so on

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Nov 29 2003, 03:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Nov 29 2003, 03:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1lorodeo@Nov 29 2003, 01:14 PM

;)[/b][/quote]
you right, but still :twak: :cheesy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts