LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Canadian
Joined
·
7,793 Posts
i'm also gonna be chargin for the first time, 8 batts. i got one of those shumacker (spelling) chargers. can i charge a whole bank at a time (4 batts), and what should i unhook wire wise, if anythin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,920 Posts
if your charging 4 at a time set the charger to 48 volts and have the red lead on the 4th battery positive and put the black on the first battery negative...just have the ground disconnected and if there is a cable goin from that ground to another battery ground unhook that too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,920 Posts
Originally posted by Vegas Blvd@Aug 12 2005, 01:51 AM~3597560
Im charging 10 batteries first time i charge by myself...

10 amps at 36 volts... good or bad idea?
if you are tryin to charge all 10 of 36v that will not work...and its better to charge the batteries at lower amperage cuz it will save the life of the battery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by Vegas Blvd@Aug 11 2005, 06:51 PM~3597560
Im charging 10 batteries first time i charge by myself...

10 amps at 36 volts... good or bad idea?
:uh: You can move the dial to 72 volts and do 6 at a time...should of left you some instructions homie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,792 Posts
og way, one battery at a time...LOL
2-5 amps.


i got tired of using the multi charger, because the batteries wouldnt get a full complete charge. but they are good if you want a quicker charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks homies.... I'm going to do it one of two ways. One bay at a time at 60 volts, or just one battery at a time if i get two chargers :cheesy:
 

·
The Canadian
Joined
·
7,793 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Aug 12 2005, 11:13 AM~3604038
if your charging 4 at a time set the charger to 48 volts and have the red lead on the 4th battery positive and put the black on the first battery negative...just have the ground disconnected and if there is a cable goin from that ground to another battery ground unhook that too
alright sounds good, thanks for all the help man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Originally posted by cuttn_thru@Aug 11 2005, 10:34 PM~3597796
i'm also gonna be chargin for the first time, 8 batts. i got one of those shumacker (spelling) chargers. can i charge a whole bank at a time (4 batts), and what should i unhook wire wise, if anythin.
if it's 2 banks of 4

i would disconnect the ground..put the charger on 1 bank.. run a set of jumper cables from the positive of the bank your charging to the positive on the other bank, same with the negative.. to the other side.

That will charge both banks at the same time.. each at 48 volts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Aug 13 2005, 01:47 AM~3609370
lets see it hop.  :cheesy:
We will have to wait for next weekend. Ive had such a lack of sleep this week trying to get my paper and paperwork straight, that Im actually getting sick. I got heatstroke from working on the car yesterday in 100+ degree sun and went straight to work for a 12 shift... No sleep :uh: I haven't had chance to charge the batteries
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty@Aug 12 2005, 12:19 PM~3604907
og way, one battery at a time...LOL
2-5 amps.
i got tired of using the multi charger, because the batteries wouldnt get a full complete charge. but they are good if you want a quicker charge.
OG LOL 1 charger for each battery :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
Originally posted by Vegas Blvd@Aug 13 2005, 06:23 PM~3612253
We will have to wait for next weekend. Ive had such a lack of sleep this week trying to get my paper and paperwork straight, that Im actually getting sick. I got heatstroke from working on the car yesterday in 100+ degree sun and went straight to work for a 12 shift... No sleep  :uh:  I haven't had chance to charge the batteries
watchin the battery's charge,, Is like watchin the grass grow :roflmao:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top