LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you oil pressure gauge suddenly dips to zero and it starts smoking under your hood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by JESSE@Aug 1 2005, 03:01 PM
i would say no.
[snapback]3520783[/snapback]​
should i just put wires on it and juice it?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
I must say that your PARTS WANTED list is kinda oxy moroned.

well, a "hi po cam for a 305" isn't really worth getting. I mean, unless you are stepping up the 8.5:1 compression ratio AND changing the heads, a 'hi po cam for a 305" isn't goin to do shit for you except destroy any and all low end the car might have had. It'll be a dog and not at all fun to drive. Even if you "matched" it all with a lower rear end gear, high stall, headers, intake, carb, etc....you're still limited by those suck ass flowing heads and low compression ratio.
Consider a 350 swap :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 2 2005, 12:42 AM
I must say that your PARTS WANTED list is kinda oxy moroned.

well, a "hi po cam for a 305" isn't really worth getting. I mean, unless you are stepping up the 8.5:1 compression ratio AND changing the heads, a 'hi po cam for a 305" isn't goin to do shit for you except destroy any and all low end the car might have had. It'll be a dog and not at all fun to drive. Even if you "matched" it all with a lower rear end gear, high stall, headers, intake, carb, etc....you're still limited by those suck ass flowing heads and low compression ratio.
Consider a 350 swap :)
[snapback]3524714[/snapback]​
oh i am. i said 305, because i was HOPING to get something slightly better than stock. I knew that id be getting random ims from people with ridiculous cams with far too much lift and duration for a 305 if i just said "cam needed".
I need alot of things joe, but me putting "400 shortblock wanted" to be getting pms from people in cali with a fresh shortblock wouldnt be helping me out all that much.

fyi, my monte came stock with 9+:1 compression, a decent corvette cam, and camaro crossfire heads. given some decent heads, the 305 wouldnt be considered the shitbox that it is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Aug 2 2005, 06:04 PM
oh i am.  i said 305, because i was HOPING to get something slightly better than stock.  I knew that id be getting random ims from people with ridiculous cams with far too much lift and duration for a 305 if i just said "cam needed".
I need alot of things joe, but me putting "400 shortblock wanted" to be getting pms from people in cali with a fresh shortblock wouldnt be helping me out all that much.

fyi, my monte came stock with 9+:1 compression, a decent corvette cam, and camaro crossfire heads.  given some decent heads, the 305 wouldnt be considered the shitbox that it is.
[snapback]3529549[/snapback]​
eewww did you say crossfire injection?


i just posted to mess with you anyway since nobody was replying :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Aug 3 2005, 12:39 AM
i just posted to mess with you anyway since nobody was replying :biggrin:
[snapback]3531145[/snapback]​
fo sho! :cool:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top