LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after an oil change i began to inspect my old oil that i drained into my conatiner. i noticed it has a yellowish green glow to some areas... Very faint color, bt i can see it on the black plastic container..

is this antifreeze getting into the oil system?

my god tell me it isnt true.
if so what are the problems that can occur and what could it be thats allowing the coolant into the oil system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt bother to smell it

it just had little green globules floating around in it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also, aftre the engine is shut off..

i cant squeeze the upper radiator hose to hear if theres any flow available..

i cant remember if i used to be able to do that.. i know while the engien is on i can, but when its off i cant squeeze it for shit..

maybe i got a crack in the block or in the heads because of the coolant in oil problem.. could be?

much help is appreciated before i go spending useless money on things that wont help the problem..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
yeah you got a bad head, or the head gasket is leaking. check the spark plugs and see how they look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
i would recommend a can of block seal. u can buy it at autozone. i used to work there a long time ago and ive heard of people using it and it fixing the problem. it sounds like its a pretty small leak. when u get steam coming out of ur tailpipe then u got a huge problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by 69chevyman626@Aug 29 2008, 11:40 PM~11476870
i would recommend a can of block seal. u can buy it at autozone. i used to work there a long time ago and ive heard of people using it and it fixing the problem. it sounds like its a pretty small leak. when u get steam coming out of ur tailpipe then u got a huge problem.
ive used it before with good,abit tempory results . be careful not to burn the shit out of yourself like i did..... put it in run motor for 30 minutes and drain.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
if it is antifreeze then the block has to be cracked.if it were a head gasket the antifreeze would come out through the exhaust.
 

·
Future Mod
Joined
·
41,962 Posts
Originally posted by EazyE10286@Aug 30 2008, 03:24 PM~11479441
if it is antifreeze then the block has to be cracked.if it were a head gasket the antifreeze would come out through the exhaust.
EazyE10286

EazyECPT

Posts: 1,679
Joined: Sep 2003
From: Round Lake,Illinois
:scrutinize:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Its probably oil dye. If you place an utra violet light to it, it will glow . Dye is use to detect the origin of an oil leak.
Coolant would show up as a white foam and there would be white foam/sludge under the oil cap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by kandylac@Aug 30 2008, 03:19 PM~11479687
Its probably oil dye. If you place an utra violet light to it, it will glow . Dye is use to detect the origin of an oil leak.
Coolant would show up as a white foam and there would be whit foam/sludge under the oil cap.
x2 :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
shit homi you put it all hard and shit what kind of car is it anyways, shit let me mention some lumina, monte carlo, impala,all the GM cars that have the following engines 3.1,3.4.9 95-03 have probrems with the intake gaskets, all your chevy truck with that piece of shit vortec, 4.3. 5.7,96-99 have that problem also, tell me what kind of car it is, engine size cause it could be a easy thing,
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top