LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 8162 Posts

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Originally posted by Rollinaround@Oct 15 2006, 03:26 PM~6372003
sure is..I was waiting for someone to notice that

...I got mine coming!
at least peopel will be able to see the colors bouncing on the color bar at night.

the way people drive now days you need all the attention u can get.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Originally posted by crenshaw magraw@Oct 15 2006, 11:50 AM~6372414
at least peopel will be able to see the colors bouncing on the color bar at night.

the way people drive now days you need all the attention u can get.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
whats up Paper Route!! :biggrin:

here is some pics from the COW PALACE (FRISCO) BIKE SHOW TODAY. ENJOY.....

O

·
0 Posts
finally a rigid bobber.

and its got a frisco'ed tank. :thumbsup:

I was starting to hate this topic. ;)

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Originally posted by OldDirty@Oct 15 2006, 07:57 PM~6374232
Some good looking bikes up in here. Here are more that I like  :cool:

are those bobbers or are they old school choppers. i get them confused a lot

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Oct 15 2006, 09:58 PM~6374247
are those bobbers or are they old school choppers. i get them confused a lot
those are bobbers.

Bobbers are one of the oldest forms of customized bikes, started around the 1920's. Bobbers dont have any stretch or rake in the neck of the frame, the have rigid frames, small gas tanks, BOBBED rear fenders (cut down and very minimal), most of the time bobbers do not have front brakes or front fender. No signal lights, windshield or any other BS parts. Billet is looked down upon, and most of them are built using pre-84 parts and although some of us are guilty for using EVO engines, most prefer panheads and shovels.

Harley came out with a factory bobber in 1929, they called it the D-Series. They were stripped down from the factory. It came with no front brake or fender, small rear fender, and anything else no needed to keep the bike running.

The word chopper is way over-used. It can really refer to damn near anything other than a stock bike. But a bobber, is a bobber and not many bikes fit in that category.

The term "Frisco" comes from the way the gas tank sits on the frame, it basically sits flush with the bottom of the backbone, and the bottom of the tank follows the same angle as the backbone.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Originally posted by TATTOO-76@Oct 15 2006, 10:20 PM~6374421
those are bobbers.
Bobbers are one of the oldest forms of customized bikes, started around the 1920's. Bobbers dont have any stretch or rake in the neck of the frame, the have rigid frames, small gas tanks, BOBBED rear fenders (cut down and very minimal), most of the time bobbers do not have front brakes or front fender. No signal lights, windshield or any other BS parts. Billet is looked down upon, and most of them are built using pre-84 parts and although some of us are guilty for using EVO engines, most prefer panheads and shovels.

Harley came out with a factory bobber in 1929, they called it the D-Series. They were stripped down from the factory. It came with no front brake or fender, small rear fender, and anything else no needed to keep the bike running.
The word chopper is way over-used. It can really refer to damn near anything other than a stock bike. But a bobber, is a bobber and not many bikes fit in that category.

The term "Frisco" comes from the way the  gas tank sits on the frame, it basically sits flush with the bottom of the backbone, and the bottom of the tank follows the same angle as the backbone.
Whad up Jason

21 - 40 of 8162 Posts