LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive gotten mix answers so i decided to ask anyone that would answer... not that i didnt trust the answers...:biggrin:

i need someone to answer this question. ive alwayd used hok flake, and when the sun hits it, it jumps out and moves... looks real nice.
then i tried this other flake, i was told it would look the same. but it didnt. it just looked like silver metal chips.
i tried the orange and it didnt bling either. i added hok flake and it came alive.

well im suppose to pattern this top in flakes. he brought me black silver and blue .i told him to bring me hok. but hes set on using the flake colors and hes really looking forward to the black flake. anyways, he bought this flake, old school flake and this other brand .they told him the same thing. that it would bling like hok blah blah, and it was only like 20 a jar. im afraid it not going to bling like last time. i told him to just get me hok flake, and he says nah they told me this shit is bad ass. i put up the jar he had next to a hok jar, and his jar looks like metal chips. the hok blings. he says it will change when i shoot the clear over it. thats the same shit i thought with the other flake. everyone is telling me who cares to just use what he gave me if thats what he wants. but i know its not going to come out the way he thinks it is. i told him if he was anyone else but my friend i would say im not going to do it. cuz i know whats going to happen when it doesnt move in the sun... hes gonna blame me and im going to be known for a shitty looking flake top.

ok so heres the question.
is there any other flake that jumps and moves like hok flake?? can i trust osf (oldschool flake)?
and would you just say fuck it and flake it with what he has?

sorry for the longs ass story :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,593 Posts
Most of you all ready know my feeling toward OSF ....... :uh:

But I just wanted to point out that Xotic gets there flake from the same maker as HOK ........... in other words, you can't go wrong with eather or. ;)

Sence were on the flake topic..........can anybody rechomend any other odd ball flake brands? :dunno:

I've heard that SEM makes flake......I know they make pearls, but never seen SEM flakes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Jul 28 2005, 10:25 AM
Most of you all ready know my feeling toward OSF ....... :uh:

But I just wanted to point out that Xotic gets there flake from the same maker as HOK ........... in other words, you can't go wrong with eather or. ;)

Sence were on the flake topic..........can anybody rechomend any other odd ball flake brands? :dunno:

I've heard that SEM makes flake......I know they make pearls, but never seen SEM flakes?
[snapback]3496420[/snapback]​
actually i used the exotic and its nothing like hok. that came out like metal shavings... no bling. i thought that since exotic is the same person that came up with hok, that it would be the same. its not. i highly discourage using their flake.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
We used SEM mini flake on my rag.... heres a pic of the base....
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Pics after the candy....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,593 Posts
Originally posted by Coast One@Jul 28 2005, 10:45 AM
actually i used the exotic and its nothing like hok. that came out like metal shavings... no bling. i thought that since exotic is the same person that came up with hok, that it would be the same. its not. i highly discourage using their flake.
[snapback]3496578[/snapback]​

Ya I was told they were the same flake :dunno:
Damn thats too bad.....just when I thought I had another option :tears:
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Jul 28 2005, 11:25 AM
Most of you all ready know my feeling toward OSF ....... :uh:

But I just wanted to point out that Xotic gets there flake from the same maker as HOK ........... in other words, you can't go wrong with eather or. ;)

Sence were on the flake topic..........can anybody rechomend any other odd ball flake brands? :dunno:

I've heard that SEM makes flake......I know they make pearls, but never seen SEM flakes?
[snapback]3496420[/snapback]​

ive used sem i didnt like em atall no bling to em
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by One Luv@Jul 28 2005, 08:23 PM
ive used sem i didnt like em atall no bling to em
[snapback]3500022[/snapback]​
What size did you use? I can only speak for the mini flake like i have on my car, never used another size.... but SEM was what i was told to get by my friend who helped me with the paint, and hes pretty well known for his flake jobs, this is what he uses. But you said "no bling"???..... the pics i posted above were taken inside the garage with a camera flash.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Jul 28 2005, 07:53 PM
So SEM flakes do excist :biggrin:
but were do you get them?, and how do they compare to HOK?
[snapback]3499550[/snapback]​

SEM has been making flake longer than HOK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
I have HOK on my car. Here is my cars flake compared to the other orange flake. I have seen a lot of other Kandy jobs around here and they dont have the true deapth of the HOK. The range of colors in my one color is nuts. Not knocking any other company just giving my impressions.
Other

Mine


Jon
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by INDPOWR@Jul 28 2005, 10:32 PM
I have HOK on my car. Here is my cars flake compared to the other orange flake. I have seen a lot of other Kandy jobs around here and they dont have the true deapth of the HOK. The range of colors in my one color is nuts. Not knocking any other company just giving my impressions.
Other

Mine


Jon
[snapback]3501178[/snapback]​
You cant be serious?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,504 Posts
could be the process one uses. i use OSF, never had a problem with iit. all preference in my opinion. (when it comes to most products). i have some old SEM pearl laying around, looks like it clumped but nothing some thinner wouldnt cure
 

·
I AM A
Joined
·
11,410 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jul 28 2005, 08:52 PM
What size did you use? I can only speak for the mini flake like i have on my car, never used another size.... but SEM was what i was told to get by my friend who helped me with the paint, and hes pretty well known for his flake jobs, this is what he uses. But you said "no bling"???..... the pics i posted above were taken inside the garage with a camera flash.
[snapback]3500786[/snapback]​
Thank the lord you talked your friend into painting your door jambs. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by 61 Impala on 3@Jul 29 2005, 10:53 AM
Thank the lord you talked your friend into painting your door jambs. ;)
[snapback]3503642[/snapback]​
I didnt have to talk him into anything.... but i know what you meant by that comment and you should probably know the whole story before you take it as fact. The person who you are referring to that didnt get their door jambs painted didnt hold up their end of the deal, it was 100% the car owners fault, end of story.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by INDPOWR@Jul 29 2005, 10:44 AM
Granted I dont know a lot, yep I am serious. :)
[snapback]3503596[/snapback]​
Its obvious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ@Jul 29 2005, 02:30 PM
I didnt have to talk him into anything.... but i know what you meant by that comment and you should probably know the whole story before you take it as fact. The person who you are referring to that didnt get their door jambs painted didnt hold up their end of the deal, it was 100% the car owners fault, end of story.
[snapback]3505539[/snapback]​
who would that be??????????????????????????? :angry: :angry:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
I think you know him! Its that guy that had the ghosts in his house that scared Sal to death! :biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top