LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The color of my choice has been discontinued. Now needing to re-think my color, and would be great to get black, but, don't want to take that chance for not having that straight of a body.

Really not my color of choice (but will compliment the tan interior) but am now thinking of going HOK's Kosmos Red on my 70 imp. I think this color looks great on earlier years, but not yet convinced on a 70.

I have two questions:

1--Has anyone had good results of spraying this red over the gray sealer, instead of a white base that is optional? Three coats enough?

2--Has anyone used a different reducer with this paint with good results? The better the quality, the better results, I would think. Just checking if anyone does this.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
70 imp. do a light to med green base with gold pearl and apple red kandy over it trust me ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by soldierboy@Mar 25 2010, 02:14 PM~16999297
70 imp. do a light to med green base with gold pearl and apple red kandy over it trust me ;)
I'm not listening to you...you're KRAYCEE. :)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Originally posted by BAD70@Mar 25 2010, 05:36 PM~17001298
I'm not listening to you...you're KRAYCEE.  :)
:uh: if only u knew im giving away my secrets ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by soldierboy@Mar 25 2010, 05:51 PM~17001458
:uh: if only u knew im giving away my secrets ;)
If only you were still up in the NorCal, maybe would let you wave your wand, but having a painter who does not normally do that, don't want to play with risky bizness.

Thanks for the secret. I won't tell nobodys.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Originally posted by BAD70@Mar 25 2010, 06:07 PM~17001642
If only you were still up in the NorCal, maybe would let you wave your wand, but having a painter who does not normally do that, don't want to play with risky bizness.

Thanks for the secret. I won't tell nobodys.
i still got a spot in modesto i can paint heading up there this weekend to spray a lil sumthin ;)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
is this kosmos red a KBC or UK?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
if its a kbc you would be better off with a gray sealer you would get better coverage

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by soldierboy@Mar 25 2010, 06:58 PM~17002154
if its a kbc you would be better off with a gray sealer you would get better coverage

Not KBC, it's their shimrin graphic color (SG), like their molly orange. Yeah, I was just thinking, I might just use HOK's metallic sealer (instead of white) and top that with SG115 Kosmos Red. It may be a little darker, which, is good, because I don't want a "bright" red. Want a little dark tint to it, so I'm thinking silver base might do me good.

I'm already invested in a deal right now with painter, so won't make any sense to make any changes right now. Thanks for the shout.

I've seen different shades of Kosmos Red, and here is what i want to sink my chops on:

Pass the cuba libre!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Originally posted by BAD70@Mar 26 2010, 03:50 AM~16996829
The color of my choice has been discontinued. Now needing to re-think my color, and would be great to get black, but, don't want to take that chance for not having that straight of a body.

Really not my color of choice (but will compliment the tan interior) but am now thinking of going HOK's Kosmos Red on my 70 imp.  I think this color looks great on earlier years, but not yet convinced on a 70.

I have two questions:

1--Has anyone had good results of spraying this red over the gray sealer, instead of a white base that is optional?  Three coats enough?

2--Has anyone used a different reducer with this paint with good results? The better the quality, the better results, I would think. Just checking if anyone does this.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dont even think about cocktailing... if you go HOK go all the way - prevention is better than a cure...

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
i have heard ppg reducer works good with hok someday i will have the balls to try it :biggrin:

and i would like to point this out you said you want a bit of darker red but you are going to go over a silver base....if you do that it will brighten the red up, you are better off shooting it over galaxy gray or something

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Mar 27 2010, 09:27 AM~17016171
any pics of this???
ill whip one up when i get a chance

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Mar 27 2010, 09:14 AM~17016109
i have heard ppg reducer works good with hok    someday i will have the balls to try it :biggrin:
and i would like to point this out      you said you want a bit of darker red  but you are going to go over a silver base....if you do that it will brighten the red up, you are better off shooting it over galaxy gray or something

Thanks. Just to be safe, going with the HOK reducer instead of SPI. Will post those pics when done. Might be a in a few weeks.

Here it is before pic:

Soldierboy - I'm also interested seeing what that pic you have. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts