LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i describe this trip? I will do my best to recollect the event from start ? yikes!

Ok, my wife, child and myself left Omaha about noon on Friday.

We drove to Joliet, Illinois to stay the night since i had not been to bed the night before and wife was tired so neither of us could drive. In Joliet was the Hunnert Car Pile Up! I didn't make the show, but there were some cars at the hotel and i got some pics....

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc...rt-car-pile-up/

Ok when we go to Toledo, i called Bud Lefevre for directions to the show.....knowing full well we were LATE getting there....thought we missed the hotel room reserved at the Red Roof, but i guess some guys were pulling for me and they held the room! THANKS GUYS!

I got to the show, hit the swapmeet which would take me at least a WEEK to go through thorougly! I kid you not.....there were TONS of people selling and vendors from Modelhaus, Jimmy Flintstone, R&R , Replicas & Miniature, Perry's Resin, RMR, Model Car World and many many more! Imagine not having to surf the internet and wait for items in the mail!! OH YEAH!

I finally got to meet many in person that i talk to over the internet as follows and if i forget anyone, let me know haha! There were so many it's hard to remember.
Nelson Fontanez, Daniel Lynch, Bud Lefevre, Bob Dudek (brother in law), Bill Coulter, Don Splitstone, Chuck Larsen, Chas Cochran, Richard Meany, Z-MAN, sooperdave, Howard Cohen, Norm Veber , Don Holthaus, Jimmy Flintstone, Okey Spaulding, Tom Kren, Bill Stillwagon, Steve Boutte, Michael Garrett, Cary Foster, Jim Haught, Ron VonKaenel and his buddy Jamie, Pat Redmond, Charlie Kroll and several others! ( took me 30 mins to remember that many haha!) ...... to each of you.......IT WAS AWESOME to meet you all in person finally! To have known most of you almost 4 years over the internet doesn't compare to the "personal" experience. I WILL be back next year!

There were over 700 models entered and i could not take a pic of each model since it would have taken all day ahah! There were models there that had so much detail you can't possibly fathom unless seeing in person. There were some very creative ideas and some of the most beautiful builds i have had pleasure to see in person! Let me be the first to say that the models you guys see in emails and on forums via photos.....DO NOT do them justice!

When the show was ending and they were announcing awards and the Ron Cash tribute give aways..... everyone was cleaning up their stuff to take home. I went to clean my stuff up and literally almost forgot my '67 Fairlane WHEW! haha..... ok and when i went to pick up my '64 Merc that is not finished yet!..... there was a card from Scale Auto they wanted to take a pic ! I didn't place in the show.....but i met a ton of nice people and had a blast along with a pic for the magazine?!?! ?!!! I LOVED IT!

Special thanks to Bob Dudek who really pushed me to go and i appreciate it so much! Bud Lefevre for being a great friend and host , helping me find my way and the good time at your house! Seeing your other models and projects was a special treat! Chas Cochran for the nice COBRA KILLER CAMARO build up you gave me! I didn't know what to say? I have never been handed a build by anyone....thank you! Pat Redmond for bringing me the '48 Chevy Galaxie kit all the way from Canada! Daniel Lynch for bringing your MR.409 and your drag strip dio to take pics of yours and my Fairlane on, that was a lot of fun!

I hope i remember everything here? It was nice to see Bob and his sister together for once.
At this point i am about brain dead....yes worse than usual haha! Without further blabbing....

pics of the model show...

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc...oledo-october-/

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by tyhodge07+Oct 16 2007, 02:32 AM~9011717-->
all the pics u take is just like being there ;)
[/b]
thanks man! a few were fuzzy , but those were on turntables with mirrored bases... the camera didnt like that much lol

<!--QuoteBegin-Gilsdropshop1
@Oct 16 2007, 03:13 AM~9011822
Bob, nice pics of the show! maybe one day i can make the trip up their from El Paso,TX  :eek: 

GIL
thanks Gil! yeah i hope you can make it and bring Don with ya!

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ElRafa+Oct 16 2007, 09:29 AM~9012648-->
Great pics man  :thumbsup:
[/b]
thank you!

<!--QuoteBegin-old low&slo
@Oct 16 2007, 10:46 AM~9013107
thanks for sharing the pics :thumbsup:
could not believe the detail on the jeff gordon car !!!
yeah there were 3 cars that were so detailed it would take awhile to soak it all in. i wish i could have gotten better pics of them cars, but being on mirrored turning displays , my camera didnt like that :uh:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thanks for sharing Bob....Had I known Model haus was going to be there I would have asked to get me some stuff. LOL

oneyed

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
dude, i was there. the jeff gordon was off da hook!. but so was da greg anderson vegas general pro stock. :biggrin:

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by modelsbyroni@Nov 2 2007, 11:56 PM~9143949
dude, i was there. the jeff gordon was off da hook!. but so was da greg anderson vegas general pro stock. :biggrin:

THAT IS 1 VERY BAD BUILD ! It is just loaded with detail ! And put together very clean ! How did it place ?

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Nov 2 2007, 11:58 PM~9143963
THAT  IS  1  VERY    BAD  BUILD  !    It  is  just  loaded  with  detail ! And  put  together  very  clean  !    How    did  it place  ?

cant remember the places....but there is like 3 awards they handed out and he got something for it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
just looked at da pix.looks good. nothin of mine in da mix, but page 5 #133,134,135 is of my truck buildin dude, v12 ron. cause he puts v12s in all his rigs. page 6 #146, 147, 148 of my roaddog greg. i painted da flames on da blue vette.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Nov 3 2007, 12:58 AM~9143963
THAT  IS  1  VERY    BAD  BUILD  !    It  is  just  loaded  with  detail ! And  put  together  very  clean  !    How    did  it place  ?
i beleive it was peoples choice

1 - 20 of 29 Posts