LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 bays of 24 volts. so i thought i would hook up the front pump to 48 volts and keep the rear at 24. i was used to 24 in the front when i hit the switch, well i scared the shit out of myself when i hit the switch with the batts freshly charged at 48 for the first time. seems like i have the need to improve my setup a bit.
i hooked it back up to 24 volts in 2 bays though, because i didnt want to kill the DD.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
add 2 more batts and hook them up 2 bays at 36volts. Its pretty good for cruising and hitting switches for moves.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Dec 5 2003, 08:23 AM
add 2 batteries and hook the front up with 72 volts...lol
:0

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i did the same thing with my setup except i ran 36 volts and switched to 48...not as big of a speed difference as yours but big enough :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
im runnin 72 v to my front pumps and dang yall everyone should have 72 v thats that shit guys 1 lick of the switch i pop up 7- 10 inchs tim allen tought me that mo power!!!

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by liquid_202mo@Dec 5 2003, 05:39 AM
i have 2 bays of 24 volts. so i thought i would hook up the front pump to 48 volts and keep the rear at 24. i was used to 24 in the front when i hit the switch, well i scared the shit out of myself when i hit the switch with the batts freshly charged at 48 for the first time. seems like i have the need to improve my setup a bit.
i hooked it back up to 24 volts in 2 bays though, because i didnt want to kill the DD.
i ran 2 bays of 24volts on my MR2. I was known for not hitting switches :biggrin: I charged my daily driver maybe every 2 months :cool: Some of my best friends saw me hit maybe 5 switches over 5 years :biggrin:

My philosophy, get your own shit and hit it yourself :cool:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by [email protected]@Dec 5 2003, 11:04 PM
My philosophy, get your own shit and hit it yourself :cool:
it took almost no time to feel like that. i feel like everyone knows me with all the wavin going on. it gets old.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
I got two setup, I am running 60 volts, for now, until I get the other battery change, then I will be back to 72 volts. But my other setup is 48 volts, and the difference between 60, and 48 volts is not that great, but I know that moving to 72 volts will change alot. I plan on running 60 volts for my 66.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had a 4 CCE street edition setup with 8 batteries runing @ 48V. One day I was charging the batteries when I felt like changing it to 60V. Well it made a big difference.

Now I have 4 CCE Fatboys with 12 batteries runing @ 72V and my car really moves. :cheesy:

·
Registered
382 Posts
if i run 72 v to the front how many noids should i have??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts