LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people i found out what you can use to make your own air bagz for model cars. ,, find an old CD WALKMAN ,, take it apart , and use the RUBBER SHOX in it , they almost look like real air bag'z ,........................, and people later on i'll be posten up slide out bed spinner's for the model truck'z and it's not sold in stores it's home made.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10+Jan 1 2004, 11:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ryans97s10 @ Jan 1 2004, 11:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Jan 1 2004, 08:38 PM
or you could just buy them from me :biggrin:
how much[/b][/quote]
15 bucks shipped

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by KILLAONEZ111@Dec 31 2003, 10:37 AM
hey people i found out what you can use to make your own air bagz for model cars. ,, find an old CD WALKMAN ,, take it apart , and use the RUBBER SHOX in it , they almost look like real air bag'z ,........................, and people later on i'll be posten up slide out bed spinner's for the model truck'z and it's not sold in stores it's home made.
i found out that thing about cd players ages ago, i just didnt say anything, i got some green ones and some black ones.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't know if people has done it yet ,, but i'll give yals a lil tip on what i did ,,, i took a cd player ,, broke it apart ,,, took that peice out that turn's the cd , and the laser eye out ,,, cuz you know how the laser eye has a motor to slide it in and slide it out ,, well i glued the laser eye down to my chasis ,, and had switch hook up to it ,, so now the laser eye slides out , and can slide back in ,, then the other motor that turn's the cd ,, well i glued my bed to that motor , ,,, so when the bed slides out i also have another switch to turn that motor on to spin my bed ,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, if your to confused about what i just put i'll be posten up pics later ,,, but in the mean time yalls can brake open a cd player and figure it out ,,,,, i just got bored one day and just thought about usin the thing's inside a motor ... :biggrin:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by jevries@Jan 3 2004, 02:45 AM
I tore apart several floppydrives the setup can also be found in there, looks pretty good and with some imagination it can be installed in your truck to lift the bed. Good idea! ;)
homie ,, thas what model cars are all about ,,, style , great imagination ,, and phat ass technology put into them ,,,, and i also thank these computer and sony people for making these cd drives and cd players ......it's all fun and games :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by KILLAONEZ111+Jan 4 2004, 01:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KILLAONEZ111 @ Jan 4 2004, 01:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jevries@Jan 3 2004, 02:45 AM
I tore apart several floppydrives the setup can also be found in there, looks pretty good and with some imagination it can be installed in your truck to lift the bed. Good idea! ;)
homie ,, thas what model cars are all about ,,, style , great imagination ,, and phat ass technology put into them ,,,, and i also thank these computer and sony people for making these cd drives and cd players ......it's all fun and games :biggrin: :cool:[/b][/quote]
also, floppy drives have loads of usefull micro switch in them.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Jan 4 2004, 06:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Jan 4 2004, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 01:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--jevries
@Jan 3 2004, 02:45 AM

homie ,, thas what model cars are all about ,,, style , great imagination ,, and phat ass technology put into them ,,,, and i also thank these computer and sony people for making these cd drives and cd players ......it's all fun and games :biggrin: :cool:
also, floppy drives have loads of usefull micro switch in them.[/b][/quote]
yeah i used a switch that was already on the set up i took out of the cd player ,,,, it's supost to turn on when the laser eye slides to it ,,,, what it does is ,, the eye slides in to the switch ,,, which causes it to turn on the second motor to spin the bed........... i'm also workin on a radical show car ,,,, cuase i'm using two of those cd player thingy's ,, so one of them can slide the bed out and spin ,, and the other one can slide the whole body and interior out and spin as well also. .... it took me 2 days of thinkin and modifyin it ,, i can fit it in the chasis and not let it be noticable. .... but i used it on some of my DUB'S so it's actualy comin along. :biggrin: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10+Jan 1 2004, 10:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ryans97s10 @ Jan 1 2004, 10:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Jan 1 2004, 08:38 PM
how much[/b][/quote]
ALOT cheaper than tearing apart a fucking walkman i'll tell you that much. lol

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Jan 4 2004, 11:14 PM
got some pics homie?
i'ma try to post pics asap!!!!!!!!!!....i used this idea on my black silverado DUB'S...

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by D U D E+Jan 5 2004, 07:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (D U D E @ Jan 5 2004, 07:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 1 2004, 10:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd
@Jan 1 2004, 08:38 PM

how much
ALOT cheaper than tearing apart a fucking walkman i'll tell you that much. lol[/b][/quote]
they look just like the bag part on those.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts