LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alot of people are worried bout spoke comin losse when buying wire wheels. are your powdercoated wire less prone to leaks and loose spokes since you have to put them together and seal them. and what do you use to seal them

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
double post sorry

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
My wheels are powdercoated and I dont think they re-sealed one of them properly cuz it leaks. Now Im wondering what is the shit they use to reseal them so I can stop the leak myself. Somebody said it was some stuff you can get at NAPA, does anybody know what its called?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
All spokes are pron to leak, thats the price we pay, But some are sealed better than the others and thats the problem, When ordering ask for them to be doubled sealed it can be done....

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Sep 5 2005, 06:53 PM~3757600
All spokes are pron to leak, thats the price we pay, But some are sealed better than the others and thats the problem, When ordering ask for them to be doubled sealed it can be done....
That what I should have done..

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
i know the old trick i used was i took my wheels to the tire shop..they put duct tape all around the center part..they wrapped it real tight and they never leaked again..

·
Little Buddy
12,921 Posts
Originally posted by Lwrdr83lds@Sep 12 2005, 05:36 AM~3796995
i know the old trick i used was i took my wheels to the tire shop..they put duct tape all around the center part..they wrapped it real tight and they never leaked again..

SOMEWHAT TRUE

MOST WHEELS CHINA MADE OR US MADE
( WON'T LEAK UNLESS THERE IS A REASON)

ONE WAY IVE HAD LEAKING SPOKES..

WHEN MOUNTING TIRES ON THE WHEELS, TIRE SHOPS HAVE BEEN KNOW TO NOT GIVE A FUCK AND JAM THE SPOKE SEAL WITH THE BAR THEY INSTALL THE TIRES WITH..

I'VE USED THE BLACK BEAD SEALENT ( MOST TIRE SHOPS CARRY) I'VE LAYED IT OVER TOP THE ORIGINAL RUBBER OVER MY SPOKES.. THEN DUCT TAPED IT..( LEAK FREE FOR YEARS)

LOSE SPOKES( FROM HOPPERS/OLD SETS OF WHEELS)WILL EVENTUALLY LOSEN UP THE SEALENT

WHEELS THAT HAVE BE CURBED OR BENT .. WILL POSSIBLY HAVE THE SAME OUT COME...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
What can i do with the spokes that a loose?ik hav e18 inch wire wheels and there are more then 30 loose.
dont ride on them need to get them tightened down and re true them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts