LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt a low but I know that some of you guys dont mind seeing something else in the mix...
I started this build because I am waiting for a couple of things for my 59 impala. I am building this as a replica of a 1:1 car I built but sold last year. So far I have sprayed down Tamiya Mica Silver on the body. I modified the front bumper to get rid of the fog light inserts and make it look more like a regular bumper. The interior is some dark grey that I had in the paint supply. I sprayed suade paint on the seats, armrest, and door panel inserts to give it some texture then sprayed the grey over it.
More to come. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Aug 16 2006, 09:01 PM~5982772
got a pic of the 1:1?

pet peeve here, sand that seam down after gluing, makes the interior a lot cleaner
Ill post a pic of the 1:1 later on. I dont have one on this computer.

Yeah that was just me being lazy. I also noticed after the seats were all painted that my headrests dont have that whole in them but Im not sure if Im going to fill it in now.

I layed down some clear on this but went too heavy and got a couple of runs in it. Im going to see if I can sand them ff once it has dried for a few days.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres a little update and some extra pics. This is what the car looked like when I sold it. The engine pic is a little old. It had a red valve cover and a differnet intake manifold when it was sold.

Heres what I got done so far. Painted and polished up the body. It still needs window trim and some detailing. Detailed the dash and made a steering wheel (might redo it though). It had a detachable steering wheel. The last pics is some isc parts that are either scratch build or resin painted with various Alclad aluminum shades.

Feedback please!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
That civic was a total sleeper!! :thumbsup: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by erase one+Aug 29 2006, 03:17 PM~6067111-->
Tight bro, keep it up.
[/b]
thanks man

Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2006, 03:20 PM~6067133
That civic was a total sleeper!! :thumbsup: :cool: :cool:
Thats the look i wanted. It looked pretty stock....from the outside.

Originally posted by [email protected] 29 2006, 03:24 PM~6067165
looking good man  :thumbsup: its always nice to see somethig a little different around here :biggrin:
thanks homie

<!--QuoteBegin-408models
@Aug 29 2006, 03:31 PM~6067215
what were u running on the 1/4 mile?
best time before i sold it was 11.5 at like 122mph. It had a little more in it but I never got to take it to the track again

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
thats pretty quick. i was in a racing team before and we were in the lo 11 also.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
damn looking good, both the model and the 1-1
kinda looks like my daily, but mine is a lot slower lol

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
liking the rims ^^ had no idea there were tuner guys on this forum too :biggrin:

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
i was in a team but i was the show curcuit. heres my ride. sold it though.

your turbo looks nice. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts