LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 1978 monte carlo i have the spring style hood hinges and the problem im having is when i close the hood it still stays up a little on each corner were the hood hinges are i have to go push them down on each side i was wondering if anyone else has this or has had this problem with this style hinge on the 78-80 monte carlos? and if it can be fixed please explain also what hood hinges are interchangeable with the 78-80 monte carlos i would like to run the hood lift supports the little gas shocks or anything that would correct this thanks :biggrin: :cool:

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by tko_818@Feb 10 2010, 12:18 AM~16568099
i had the same problem on my impala. means you need new hood hinges, or u need to rebuild them homie!
oh ok yeah that shit is aggravating close the hood and gotta run to each corner and push the hood down im wondering what hinges are interchangeable? to get rid of the whole spring go to something like the gas shocks like on the regals

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally posted by 78monte85riviera@Feb 9 2010, 10:24 PM~16568202
oh ok yeah that shit is aggravating close the hood and gotta run to each corner and push the hood down im wondering what hinges are interchangeable? to get rid of the whole spring go to something like the gas shocks like on the regals
i agree, my new hinges are stiff so i still hafta push the hood down til they loosen up. but yeah idk bout all that. i know that theres a company makin polished hinges with shocks, but theyre like 750 a pair :wow:

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by tko_818@Feb 10 2010, 12:41 AM~16568428
i agree, my new hinges are stiff so i still hafta push the hood down til they loosen up. but yeah idk bout all that. i know that theres a company makin polished hinges with shocks, but theyre like 750 a pair  :wow:
thanks homie :cool:

·
Registered
512 Posts
i think thats a pretty common problem for all gm vehicles with the spring style hood hinge

ive had a few chevy trucks that did that crap also and i had to replace the springs

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 78monte85riviera@Feb 14 2010, 08:43 PM~16612148
anyone know if the hood hinges with the little gas charged shocks fit the 78 monte with the spring style hinges?  :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts