LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i've noticed the hood i put on my regal the insulation on the inside is greasy and looks nasty...its gettin oil on parts of my engine makin my engine look like shit...can i just take off this insulation or will the heat from my engine fuck up my paint?? I'm tired of having a clean car then u look under my hood and that dayum insulation look like its soaked with oil..not from my car but the car the hood used to be on...so anyways will it be ok to take it off or do i have to have some kinda insulation on there?

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello??? anybody??

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanx for answerin my post...anybody else have any comments?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
our regals have some hot ass engines, at least mine is..

i wouldnt risk it..

i wuld rip it off and replace with sound deadener, NOT dynamat..
buy an online offbrand thats cheaper and does a better job..

theres plenty out there..

heres an idea, dunno if it'll work..
remove dampening, clean, buy some reflective sticky side aluminum thick foil, stick it on certain areas, then cover those areas with mirror.. That would look nice..

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea somebody on this side has that chrome lookin insulation on his. Anybody know how much it cost to pick that up?
schmidt: Where did you buy that at? PePboyz? Autozone??
yea i know the regals engines heat up quite a bit..wouldn't want my hood to warp or somthin lol. well if anybody has anymore answers to this let me know..

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Aug 21 2003, 09:09 AM
yea somebody on this side has that chrome lookin insulation on his. Anybody know how much it cost to pick that up?
schmidt: Where did you buy that at? PePboyz? Autozone??
yea i know the regals engines heat up quite a bit..wouldn't want my hood to warp or somthin lol. well if anybody has anymore answers to this let me know..
they are $20 from hubbards for a set of insulation for a 64, i'll see if i can find one for your car
:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool thanks :cheesy:

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Aug 22 2003, 04:19 AM

they are $20 from hubbards
YEP YOU GOTTA LOVE HUBBARDS.

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
i think it is as much for heat as it is for noise as well, i have had mine out for a year, i got tired of pieces of it sticking to my freshly detailed hoses etc pain in the ass. but do what you gotta do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts