LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok if you got a 700w. mono amp and 2 4 ohm subs how do you wire it to drop the ohm load. and if a mono amp isnt the best please let me know what would be. thanx.

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by lowridinkid17@Aug 5 2005, 02:09 PM~3546907
ok if you got a 700w. mono amp and 2 4 ohm subs how do you wire it to drop the ohm load.  and if a mono amp isnt the best please let me know what would be.  thanx.
If your mono amp is 2ohm stable you parallel the two 4ohm coils together...

+ to + to + on amp

- to - to - on amp

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not one of those people whos good at reading directions im more of a visual learner so let me make sure i got this rite. you run the + wire from the terminal on the amp to the speaker, then do you run another speaker wire from the terminal or run a wire from the + terminal to the other positive terminal. and i would assume it would be the same for the negative. also if you could post up a diagram or a link to one that would be very helpfull thanx.

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by lowridinkid17@Aug 5 2005, 04:01 PM~3547681
im not one of those people whos good at reading directions im more of a visual learner so let me make sure i got this rite.  you run the + wire from the terminal on the amp to the speaker, then do you run another speaker wire from the terminal or run a wire from the + terminal to the other positive terminal.  and i would assume it would be the same for the negative. also if you could post up a diagram or a link to one that would be very helpfull thanx.

2 SVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel

Two 4 Ohm Subwoofers parallel = 2 Ohms

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by /\Chris/\@Aug 5 2005, 05:18 PM~3548119
If I have an amp that cant go below 2 ohms would I be able to bridge the amp (to get more power) and wire it this way?  http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiri...ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Im trying to power 2 dual ohm RE sx's with a PPI 2350 amp.

Would bridging the amp lower the ohms too low?
What amp is it?
It may be 2ohm stereo stable and 4ohm mono bridged stable...

Or it could be 2ohm mono stable and 1ohm stereo stable...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
chris, when you bridge that amp, you'll get 1400watts x 1 RMS at 4ohms...

that mean that you want your end ohm load (no matter how many woofers your using) to be 4ohms to get all that the amp can offer... if you run a 2ohm load when the amp is only 4ohm stable when bridged, your gonna have a shitty ass problem... if you run your amp at 8ohms, you can say bye-bye to 1400watts RMS...

-qs

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 5 2005, 09:18 PM~3549334
chris, when you bridge that amp, you'll get 1400watts x 1 RMS at 4ohms...

that mean that you want your end ohm load (no matter how many woofers your using) to be 4ohms to get all that the amp can offer... if you run a 2ohm load when the amp is only 4ohm stable when bridged, your gonna have a shitty ass problem... if you run your amp at 8ohms, you can say bye-bye to 1400watts RMS...

-qs
Or 2ohm stereo... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts