LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE BEEN ASKED A LOT WHY I HAVENT THROWN A HOP AT SAMS IN A WHILE. THE NUMBER 1 REASON, NO SPONSORS. SO I STARTED THINKING, HOW CAN I LOOK FOR SPONSORS NOW THAT I HAVE A JOB WITH REGULAR HOURS. WELL HERE WAS WHAT I WAS THINKING, POST ON LAY IT LOW THAT I NEED SPONSORS FOR A HOP. SO IF ANY ONE IS INTERESTED, PM ME OR JUST REPLY TO THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR INFORMATION AND LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET SAMS POPPIN!

SHANE

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
this should be good! ;)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by 41chev@Sep 13 2006, 08:46 AM~6162458
is  this like end of summer get together at sams??
Just because the summer is almost over doesnt mean we cant keep cruising!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: I just want to get something going again. The lowrider scene around here is slowly dying and I am tired of it.

·
Registered
18,390 Posts
Originally posted by CHE1@Sep 13 2006, 09:21 AM~6162712
I remember hopping my 64 in the Rain one year over at sams.  :biggrin:  Rain or shine with that ride.
:biggrin:

·
Registered
34,340 Posts
OK WHAT ARE THE SPONSORS FOR? LIKE MONEY FOR THE WINNER? IF THAT'S THE CASE, WHY NOT ASK FOR A MANDATORY "DONATION" FROM EACH CAR CLUB EVEN IF ITS LIKE 20 DOLLARS? I'M SURE A CLUB COULD COUGH UP 20 EACH?????? :DUNO:

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Regal King@Sep 13 2006, 09:35 AM~6162884
OK WHAT ARE THE SPONSORS FOR? LIKE MONEY FOR THE WINNER? IF THAT'S THE CASE, WHY NOT ASK FOR A MANDATORY "DONATION" FROM EACH CAR CLUB EVEN IF ITS LIKE 20 DOLLARS? I'M SURE A CLUB COULD COUGH UP 20 EACH?????? :DUNO:
The money is for the prize money. I use to get shops and buisnesses to sponsor, but now I cant due to having to work during the day. I would like to gather $1000, $500 per class (single and double). Any one can donate to the cause. I am willing to drop $50-$100 myself.

·
Registered
34,340 Posts
Originally posted by lowriv1972@Sep 13 2006, 10:30 AM~6163341
The money is for the prize money. I use to get shops and buisnesses to sponsor, but now I cant due to having to work during the day. I would like to gather $1000, $500 per class (single and double). Any one can donate to the cause. I am willing to drop $50-$100 myself.
Shane sounds like a good idea!!! :thumbsup:
I'm sure clubs can donate money for this, and dosnt the owner of the burger joint also help out with the prize money? How bout calling some shops to see what they say ? Shouldn't be hard to gather 1,500 for the prize money if the lowrider community comes together, I remember when Sam's was the spot!!!! Cars would have to park across the street just to go to sams

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by Regal King@Sep 13 2006, 11:28 AM~6163772
Shane sounds like a good idea!!! :thumbsup:
I'm sure clubs can donate money for this, and dosnt the owner of the burger joint also help out with the prize money? How bout calling some shops to see what they say ? Shouldn't be hard to gather 1,500 for the prize money if the lowrider community comes together, I remember when Sam's was the spot!!!! Cars would have to park across the street just to go to sams
See, and thats what I miss. You know, for being a fat white boy, I sure love the lowrider life. Sams has it all, a strip we can cruise, a spot to kick back and eat, and a spot to hop. The back of the lot is repaved nice and level do we can hop back there and the cars wont move. Just only if the people would come out. I see too many people selling their rides and gettin out of it. We'll see what happens. :biggrin:

·
Registered
34,340 Posts
Originally posted by lowriv1972@Sep 13 2006, 11:34 AM~6163833
See, and thats what I miss. You know, for being a fat white boy, I sure love the lowrider life. Sams has it all, a strip we can cruise, a spot to kick back and eat, and a spot to hop. The back of the lot is repaved nice and level do we can hop back there and the cars wont move. Just only if the people would come out. I see too many people selling their rides and gettin out of it. We'll see what happens. :biggrin:
:cheesy: any 65ss impalas? Or 63 I'm in the market

·
Registered
34,340 Posts

·
Registered
34,340 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Regal King@Sep 13 2006, 01:27 PM~6165056
I only know of a 63 rolling chasis, that is complete and done. Murals, chromed out and all. But I dont know of anything else at this point. If I hear something, I'll hit you up. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts