LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, ive looked on the layitlow site and they only have a guide for setting up hydros... i want to setup an air ride that still allows me to hit some switches (2wheels, 3 wheels, some hops, nothing big).

what do i need to set this up... i want something simple, not too expensive, but will last. u know?

any info wll help.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
as well as your budget.

·
Registered
244 Posts
youll probably need atleast 12 gallons of air and even then you wont have much play time...better go with nitrogen. youll need 1/2 inch valves and lines or bigger if you want to hop. youll need high pressure, id say definately 150 psi and above to hop. youll need a total of 8 valves - two for each corner. youll need a 12 switch box or bigger to do all those moves. youll need multiple compressors or an engine driven compressor if you want your tank fill time to be good, so you can hit the switches more. or like i said run nitrogen. for hopping youll need some good bags that can withstand high psi's.

thats about all you can get unless you tell us your budget and what kind of car you have

oh and by the way, hopping and lasting a long time do not correspond with 'not too expensive'. like people always say, you get what you pay for.

--dont forget youll most likely need to reinforce your frame in multiple points if you choose to hop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts