LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Jul 20 2003, 09:00 PM
for hoppers, i use the bottom of a AMT 63/64. for hoppers i like keeping it old school.
yeah, i was thinking about that too. like the 63 jevries did :thumbsup:
but since i havent done one yet i was thinking that maybe a HH kit would be my best bet to kind of get the hang of it. :dunno: thanks for the input :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by hydryan@Jul 20 2003, 09:09 PM
i always use HH chassis, making a custom chassis seems like it would break
as long as the Car is like the Caddy or any of the Impalas, won't fit other cars like the 70 Monte. I guess you could cut it to fit, reinforce it with brass or steel

K. Diaz

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
i always make 'em from styrene, or modify the originals. the HH chassis work good for the models that they fit. the only probably i have with them is the u-bars floppin around, i usually end up make axle guides from styrene. ~JO$H~

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
ok I got a question about the HH chassis

what kind of cars will it fit from the 1950s?because I wanna do a 51-53 bel air or 49 mercury!but I dont want to major cut and stuff because its my first real hopperso I dont want to mess it up!and how bout a monte or regal?thank you!

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Jul 21 2003, 12:40 PM

what kind of cars will it fit from the 1950s?because I wanna do a 51-53 bel air or 49 mercury!but I dont want to major cut and stuff because its my first real hopperso I dont want to mess it up!and how bout a monte or regal?thank you!
I think the Monogram 53 Bel Air in 1/24 might fit because Lindberg made that bomb dancer a while back, and lindberg uses the same chassis for all their hoppers/dancers

K. Diaz

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Jul 21 2003, 12:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Jul 21 2003, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--66pontiac@Jul 21 2003, 12:40 PM

I think the Monogram 53 Bel Air in 1/24 might fit because Lindberg made that bomb dancer a while back, and lindberg uses the same chassis for all their hoppers/dancers

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
can you get a pic please of the model?are they rare?thanx

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
ok thanx!and what do you think should I go with black and white or some lime color and white?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Jul 21 2003, 01:22 PM
ok thanx!and what do you think should I go with black and white or some lime color and white?
black and white is ok, but I would go with something else with lime, maybe a darker green flaked top

K. Diaz

1 - 20 of 34 Posts