LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 2 questions first i have an 88 s dime 4 ton coils in the front on one pump #9 2 dumps 1/2 hose 48 volt 8 batt what can i do to make it hop higher than 1 foot
second i bought 3 pump seal that go between the motor and pump ive changed it 3 times already everytime i start leakin fluid out of the motor within a couple of mins what do i need to do??

Last edited by Day Day at Nov 5 2003, 08:08 PM

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Nov 5 2003, 09:04 PM
have 2 questions first i have an 88 s dime 4 ton coils in the front on one pump #9  2 dumps 1/2 hose what can i do to make it hop higher than 1 foot
second i bought 3 pump seal that go between the motor and pump ive changed it 3 times already everytime i start leakin fluid out of the motor within a couple of mins what do i need to do??
When going for inches, voltage is your friend. Whatever voltage you are putting to the nose, increase it. More voltage = more inches.

If your steel seal keeps leaking, then odds are you have a fucked up pumphead. If the pumphead shaft is warped, bent or scored, it can trash that seal pretty quick. Its also possible that your block may have a hairline crack in it too, but a bad pumphead is the much more likely scenario.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by Day Day@Nov 5 2003, 07:04 PM
have 2 questions first i have an 88 s dime 4 ton coils in the front on one pump #9 2 dumps 1/2 hose 48 volt 8 batt what can i do to make it hop higher than 1 foot
In my opinion, 4 tons are too heavy for the nose of an s-dime. What motor do you have in it? Unless you have slapped a 350 under the hood, that truck is pretty light weight for 4 tons.
Just my opinion though!
Ask Hydrota, he knows his shit on hopping trucks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts