LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just tryin to get some hints on hoppin,im on the other side of the world and theres no big air hoppers over here,i've hopped a bout 3-4 cars but nothin over 20inches(ok stop laughin!)there's a caddy over here it came from L.A., its got 12 bats and 2 pumps, mild reinforce'n but i can only get it to hop about 15-20inches, i read on a post that you hold the dump on, and release it when the wheel touches the ground? any help would be great, most of the cars run 36-48volts, 2 pumps,and that caddy is runnin 72volts, 2 banks of 6bats,I've watched a few dvd's YOUNG HOGG,O.G. RIDER,but cant see it very well,so if you guys have any pointers or tips,any help would be great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
u have the right idea hold the dump open when the car is in the air and power up when the tire hit the ground.... its just getting used to ur car u'll get it ....maybe someone else might do it differnt but thats how i hop .......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..........would you power up before the spring compresses, ie on the way down, or, on the way up after the spring has compressed?...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Hi-Lo@Jan 10 2004, 08:13 PM
What does it mean to dump your car or hold the dump...Is dumping you your is where you lower it right??..
yeah man, when you dump it, you dump all the juice outta the rams an the car comes down ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
So when you're hopping...When the car is in the air you hold the dump and then when the tire is about to hit the ground you release the dump and hit the switch as if you were raising the car...??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Lo@Jan 10 2004, 08:22 PM
So when you're hopping...When the car is in the air you hold the dump and then when the tire is about to hit the ground you release the dump and hit the switch as if you were raising the car...??
pretty much u got it just keep practicein u'll get it,and all cars act differently when hopin


Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by KINGLOWNESS@Jan 11 2004, 02:38 PM
Be like some people...





















Find someone else to hit your switch


J/K
......some ppl jus have no riddim.......
:roflmao: :roflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Hi-Lo@Jan 11 2004, 02:47 PM
can somone answer my question??...and by the way, what is a slow down??!!...
a slow down valve is an adjustable valve that lets the car come down slowly, or quickly, :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Never hopped a car so try'n to learn as much as possible...cause I'm about to get a 4 pump REDS competition setup with 22" telescopic cylinders in the rear on my 64 impala convertible...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Lo@Jan 10 2004, 06:56 PM
Never hopped a car so try'n to learn as much as possible...cause I'm about to get a 4 pump REDS competition setup with 22" telescopic cylinders in the rear on my 64 impala convertible...
yet you've never hopped a car??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Originally posted by kiwilac+Jan 10 2004, 08:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kiwilac @ Jan 10 2004, 08:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hi-Lo@Jan 11 2004, 02:47 PM
can somone answer my question??...and by the way, what is a slow down??!!...
a slow down valve is an adjustable valve that lets the car come down slowly, or quickly, :)[/b][/quote]
well said
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Originally posted by cadillacart+Jan 10 2004, 09:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cadillacart @ Jan 10 2004, 09:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hi-Lo@Jan 10 2004, 06:56 PM
Never hopped a car so try'n to learn as much as possible...cause I'm about to get a 4 pump REDS competition setup with 22" telescopic cylinders in the rear on my 64 impala convertible...
yet you've never hopped a car??[/b][/quote]
yeah what he said. :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by lolo4life+Jan 11 2004, 03:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lolo4life @ Jan 11 2004, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 08:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Hi-Lo
@Jan 11 2004, 02:47 PM
can somone answer my question??...and by the way, what is a slow down??!!...

a slow down valve is an adjustable valve that lets the car come down slowly, or quickly, :)
well said[/b][/quote]
kool avitar :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
How do you guys have your Slow Downs adjusted?? Is it better to have your car come down slowly or quickly??...Or does it even matter??..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Hi-Lo@Jan 11 2004, 05:01 PM
How do you guys have your Slow Downs adjusted?? Is it better to have your car come down slowly or quickly??...Or does it even matter??..
i like it when the car comes down nice and smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,872 Posts
at lugnutz goes like this





open fridge ...

remove bud light....

drink and repeat step 1 and 2...


runn car up to 120volts ..repeat step 1 and 2




raise ass up till locks out properly.....



stand clear while repeating 1 and 2 ...



move togle switch to on position ,,no time to re peat 1 or 2 .


and quickly move togle to dump postion..


when tire hit ground re peat step 7 and 8


when fire occurs put out promptly and repeat step 1 amd 2 .



good luck happy hopping
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top