LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k boyz ive got a full frame wrap and am planning on hopping my ride but i do like the idea of a hollywood top ,would this be a silly combination or will it be strong enough to hop without breaking ,ive seen rags being hopped and just wondered if it would be a bad idea oh its a 84 grand prix

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats true but would the car be strong enough to withstand hopping without half the roof ,i was watching a old truerider dvd the other night n there was a t top cutty hopping but it was bending in all directions ,you could see the door gaps moving now i dont know what kind of reinforcements the car had if any

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
This is how I see it. A car can do anything as long as you have the cash...............all you have to do is wrap the frame really good, and box in the middle. then you get 2 long peaces of of angle iron or what ever you think will work best and it has to be strong metal, and you cross them in the middle of the frame it will look like a big "X" in the center of the body. and after thats all said and done, your ride should be good and sturdy. we did this on a chop top 1980 buick le sabre and it's still holdin up......... ;)

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the frame is wraped with 6mm plate on all 4 sides i was thinking about running some 1" box section up the front windscreen pillars along the floor and then up the rear pillars to add some strength to the shell ,i dont realy want the windscreen pillars to flex and break the screen

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Box in the middle and maybe an additional crossmember out of 1"box in the front would have it strong as needed I do believe. The thing shouldn't bend while hopping but Id' put the tops back itn after hopping it the frist few times just to make sure it all fits and didn't move. ;)

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool hopefully it will be ok then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts