LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REASON IM ASKING IS I REPLACED MY OLD SHOWTIME CYLINDERS WITH SKINNY PRO HOPPER AND MY CAR DOESNT HOPP AS HIGH FROM 36 NOW TO 32. BUT AT THE TIME I HAD STOCK RIMS NOW I PUT 13COULD THAT BE AN ISSUE ALSO

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
could be the rim change. could be ur coils are softer now. could be the timing on ur switch from when u were using taller tires.. the taller tire gives you a lil more bounce when ur hopping. thats one of the reason u see some people running a 13 or 14 but using a larger tire

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
how bout the cooler weather ..

not sure i would trust skinny cylinders thou

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
I hop on 13's and I believe its harder to achieve higher inches when hopping on 14's or stocks. I think its from the tire size and amount of air in them. I don't know I could be wrong and there's more to it. I noticed that hoppers in LRM shows use 14's with bigger tires, I've never really take notice them using 13's. But I use Black Magics's comp cylinders and not those huge ones cause I was told they're more for double pumps.

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
I meant its harder to hop higher with 13's. (Correction on 1st. Sentence).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i believe that is one of my prob the 13 i mean. As for the cold cold weather it doesnt really get cold down here if anything for about a week tops at a time but it wasnt cold at the time i hopped my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts