LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought tripple trumpet air horns for my 92 fleetwood brougham....had anyone ever installed these them selves? how hard is it? wat tools do u need? i wanna connect these to my factory steering horn ...so wen i press the steering wheel...ill hear the 3 air horns and also my factory horn....how do i get to wiring inside the steering? helpppppppp

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
you dont need to get the wires inside the steering, just tap right into the existing horns..

I dont know how your horns are set up, but they work with a positive and a ground..

find out how yours are wired, and tap right into em

·
Registered
879 Posts
For what you want run some power wires to the new horns parallel from your stock horn. Check amp rating on compressor, current fuse and what else do u have on circuit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks....do anyone you guys know where i cud find out where the horns are located in my engine bay? if i use a parallel circuit, would it turn both on at the same time? and i think ill need to upgrade the curcuit fuse also. please let me know if u cud help! PM ME thanks guys!

·
Registered
306 Posts
NO!!! run a relay off the existing horn for your new airhorns so that you can run a separate power feed for them. if its a big compressor and you just hook it up you will burn up fuses and smoke them wires because it draws too many amps for the existing horn circuit.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ooops! My mistake. I sould have explained it better but cad92brougham is correct. Hope I didn't fuck u up

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
na man u guys are helpin! thanks i only started looking into the wiring and shit didnt actually do anything yet....i just need help with finding the wirtes for the horn and how to wire to a relay cuz i dont kno much bout relays! thanks guy....too bad u guys dont live in NYC area

biggs

·
Registered
518 Posts
stand in front of the car with the hood open and have a friend honk the horn then just follow the sound it will lead you straight to the horn then use a test light to figure out if you have a pos or a neg trigger wire then tap into that wire hook it up to your relay along with the horn a power source and depending on your horn system either another power or a ground i dont know the terminal numbers off hand but the relay should have a diagram with it :cool: hope that helps a little

1 - 8 of 8 Posts