LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to order some new hoses to go from my pump to cylinders. The size of the OD male (I believe) fittings on the pump and cylinders are 3/8. My hose that I was using before says 3/8 on it, but, I can't read the rest. However, the ID size of the fitting on the hose is 1/2. What hose do I need? Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Dec 25 2008, 12:23 AM~12522282
I'm looking to order some new hoses to go from my pump to cylinders. The size of the OD male (I believe) fittings on the pump and cylinders are 3/8. My hose that I was using before says 3/8 on it, but, I can't read the rest. However, the ID size of the fitting on the hose is 1/2. What hose do I need? Thanks.  :cool:
3/8 is a #6 hose. 1/2 is a #8 hose..

·
Registered
967 Posts
if you dont have the bettery power to the front #8s will do you no good.

·
9,464 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Dec 25 2008, 01:23 AM~12522282
I'm looking to order some new hoses to go from my pump to cylinders. The size of the OD male (I believe) fittings on the pump and cylinders are 3/8. My hose that I was using before says 3/8 on it, but, I can't read the rest. However, the ID size of the fitting on the hose is 1/2. What hose do I need? Thanks.  :cool:
if you got 3/8's fittings on the pump and cylinders then you need #6 hoses which is 3/8's. #8 hoses are for 1/2 fittings

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the kit is used. and the hose says 3/8. Thanks for the help everyone. Ill get some #6 Hoses.

One more quick question. My back pump is on my right side of my trunk. Do I need two of the same length hoses or can the hose going to the cylinder on the right be 3 ft. and the one going to the left cylinder be 4ft? Will it make a difference?

·
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Dec 25 2008, 07:58 PM~12526289
Yeah the kit is used. and the hose says 3/8. Thanks for the help everyone. Ill get some #6 Hoses.

One more quick question. My back pump is on my right side of my trunk. Do I need two of the same length hoses or can the hose going to the cylinder on the right be 3 ft. and the one going to the left cylinder be 4ft? Will it make a difference?

that will work fine :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts