LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know who from Sacramento, or anywhere from northern CA is going to Reno this August. I would like to go but am not sure if I will. If I do go, I for sure will be driving my cutlass up there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by juiced67impala@Jul 23 2003, 06:33 PM
i be there from washington and stayin lake tahoe
Have you ever been there? If so, what area do you cruise the most? The downtown area has most of the lowriders but south virginia street has less problems and has all kinds of cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps+Jul 24 2003, 05:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dumps @ Jul 24 2003, 05:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--juiced67impala@Jul 23 2003, 06:33 PM
i be there from washington and stayin lake tahoe
Have you ever been there? If so, what area do you cruise the most? The downtown area has most of the lowriders but south virginia street has less problems and has all kinds of cars.[/b][/quote]
yeah i was there last year.........i dont know wat street i was on but it was downtown
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by sireluzion916@Jul 24 2003, 09:52 PM
I'll most likely be up there, I'll probably head up there with my brother. I don't think I'll be taking the Regal though.
Hey, what day are you going? I will be leaving on saturday morning and I will be comeing back sunday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps+Jul 25 2003, 08:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dumps @ Jul 25 2003, 08:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--sireluzion916@Jul 24 2003, 09:52 PM
I'll most likely be up there, I'll probably head up there with my brother.  I don't think I'll be taking the Regal though.
Hey, what day are you going? I will be leaving on saturday morning and I will be comeing back sunday.[/b][/quote]
Man I would go but that road I-80 is tough on lowriders. If I do go, I will be rollin' from Fairfield but I'm pretty sure i won't pull the trip with the low low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps+Jul 26 2003, 03:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dumps @ Jul 26 2003, 03:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--sireluzion916@Jul 24 2003, 09:52 PM
I'll most likely be up there, I'll probably head up there with my brother.  I don't think I'll be taking the Regal though.
Hey, what day are you going? I will be leaving on saturday morning and I will be comeing back sunday.[/b][/quote]
I'll probably be going up on Saturday, August 9th. I usually go in the evening hours just to cruise and walk around. But as for taking the low-low, I think I'll leave it at home. I would love to take it though!!! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
im tryin to head up there also after work on fri and coming back on sunday but ive never been. how long of a drive is it? im in fairfield also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
datboysha- It is true, the road is rough but I drive my car anywhere to have a little fun. Like Gilly from Crazy hydraulics in Sacramento said at the Devotion show before I hopped my car, "man, he is a real rider, he drives his shit everywhere and still hops it, I seen him in red bluff, sacramento, and stockton with no trailer".

sireluzion916- Sounds cool, maybe we can hook up out there and you will still be able to see a little bit of hydro action.

manoso84- It is a sight to see. Downtown has most of the lowriders and chevelles, and old chevys with 18-20s. Downtown, the traffic does not move much but you see a lot of clean cars of all years. Actually, anywhere you go there are cars. Most of the casinos have their own shows going and it makes for a weekend of a lot of walking if you want to see the show cars. All of the shows only allow cars from before 73 to show but the streets have all year cars and trucks and anything else that is driveable. If you like to drive, south virginia street is the place to be. You must also expect to pay anywhere from 49-195 dollars for a room per night. As far as driving from fairfield, I think it is about a 3 and a half hour drive for you. I know it is about 2 and a half from sacramento.

If any of you go, I like to hang out near the mall on south virginia street. Sometimes we just park in the parking lot near the street and watch all the cars go by. Just look for the black 80 cutlass with the continental kit sitting on 3 wheels. Stop by and say whats up and hang out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps@Jul 26 2003, 10:34 PM
datboysha- It is true, the road is rough but I drive my car anywhere to have a little fun. Like Gilly from Crazy hydraulics in Sacramento said at the Devotion show before I hopped my car, "man, he is a real rider, he drives his shit everywhere and still hops it, I seen him in red bluff, sacramento, and stockton with no trailer".

sireluzion916- Sounds cool, maybe we can hook up out there and you will still be able to see a little bit of hydro action.

manoso84- It is a sight to see. Downtown has most of the lowriders and chevelles, and old chevys with 18-20s. Downtown, the traffic does not move much but you see a lot of clean cars of all years. Actually, anywhere you go there are cars. Most of the casinos have their own shows going and it makes for a weekend of a lot of walking if you want to see the show cars. All of the shows only allow cars from before 73 to show but the streets have all year cars and trucks and anything else that is driveable. If you like to drive, south virginia street is the place to be. You must also expect to pay anywhere from 49-195 dollars for a room per night. As far as driving from fairfield, I think it is about a 3 and a half hour drive for you. I know it is about 2 and a half from sacramento.

If any of you go, I like to hang out near the mall on south virginia street. Sometimes we just park in the parking lot near the street and watch all the cars go by. Just look for the black 80 cutlass with the continental kit sitting on 3 wheels. Stop by and say whats up and hang out.
Sounds cool, I might take the ride out there but I doubt it. Still debating. If my Regal had a 350 I would be out there for sure. But the only thing is I come back the same night I drive up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
I live in Reno and just came up I80 - they have most of it fixed....some construction past Truckee, but you will be riding on new cement that was just poured.....not too bad. The roads are perfect once you get into Nevada.

Cruising: Stay out of the downtown area - they closed it last year - but the south end of Virginia ( Peppermill and Atlantis Casino area were real cool)....we parked at the Peppermill and chilled most of the night - no cops hassling you - and the rides drive through the lot. The cruising in the downtown area is pushed all the way out of downtown until it stops....which the cruising never stops all weekend long......we were out until the sun came up --- SO MANY FINE WOMEN IN TOWN!

Sparks is cool, but a smaller cruising area.

I have to go overseas on AUgust 1st so wont be out this year - my cars being canidied anyway - but next year I'll be out :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,445 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAMOE@Jul 29 2003, 05:48 AM
I live in Reno and just came up I80 - they have most of it fixed....some construction past Truckee, but you will be riding on new cement that was just poured.....not too bad. The roads are perfect once you get into Nevada.
Hmmmm, you got me thinking. Maybe if I do a tune up to my Regal while on vaction the week before....... Hmmmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
I'm going but probably wont take a car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
For you guys coming up to Reno for Hot August Nights - there's a Nelly , St Lunatics and E40 concert at the Reno Hilton on August 10th. The tickets are $39.50 ea and are limited to 3000 seats.

Just a heads up......I really dont care if you like them or not........just soemthing else to do during that week.

MOE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,023 Posts
ill be there :biggrin: with my mustang probably
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top