LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it necessary to use the house of kolor primer for kandy paint or can you use a different kind? i have the k-36 ppg primer on my car right now, but if the kandy wont stick to it or the kandy just eats right through it, i want to change it and save some $$$ before i decide to spray it.

thanks

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
No you dont need hok primer the only thing worth buying from hok is the kandy. I would got ppg for the base color also and then your clear of choice.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by KandyRedLac@Oct 1 2003, 07:07 PM
No you dont need hok primer the only thing worth buying from hok is the kandy. I would got ppg for the base color also and then your clear of choice.
I agree, hok kandy and flakes. their primer and clear really suck. I have used alot of PPG its good times. But for durability I would use sikkens autobase plus clear and their colorbuild primer is the best sanding primer I have used so far.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
i just shot there kp2cf primer and i like it..............

but i have to say i used k36 in school and i liked how it sanded........

but the HOK primer sanded ok..............

the only thing that i didn't like is i used a whole fuckin gallon of primer!!!!!!!

i shot 7 coats on bodywork first....then 3 coats on the entire car.....

my car was down to bare metal remember...........

but next time i will use k36.............

oh and when i paint it i will let you know how the clear is..........i bought everything HOK

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Oct 2 2003, 04:25 PM
i just shot there kp2cf primer and i like it..............

but i have to say i used k36 in school and i liked how it sanded........

but the HOK primer sanded ok..............

the only thing that i didn't like is i used a whole fuckin gallon of primer!!!!!!!

i shot 7 coats on bodywork first....then 3 coats on the entire car.....

my car was down to bare metal remember...........

but next time i will use k36.............

oh and when i paint it i will let you know how the clear is..........i bought everything HOK
try the colorbuild, you'll like it. K36 from PPG is ok, the NCP priemr surfacer is better though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts