LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious to know where you guys get the model kits and the hydros i have never done this stuff before and wondering is it hard for a newbee to learn??? :confused: :dunno: :confused: :dunno:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im just starting to get into this and i would rather order online and have them shipped because i work so damn much it would be easier that way. plus i work infont of a computer

·
Registered
439 Posts
building models isnt hard...

and im painting a model for the first time ever right now...im using duplicolor primer, paint, and clearcoat...from walmart :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
spray paint works well for me but i think that a airbrush would work much better....

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by slammedtoys@Aug 24 2003, 10:27 AM
can you put any kinda body on a hydro chassie??
the premade hopper chassis are mainly for impalas, cadillacs..... big cars like that. but can usually be trimmed down to a point. what are you thinking about putting one in? ya know yet?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by slammedtoys@Aug 24 2003, 10:25 AM
so spray paint would work??? SWEET
yes, they work excellant if you know how to make them work. i paint real cars too so i have a little bit of skill when it comes to that. but if you are carefull with a little bit of time and practice you should be able to lay down some nice stuff.

just make sure you buy good spray paint. not any of the 98 cent stuff lol

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not sure i really want to start on one though and im looking at all of them and drawing blanks i think a Caddy would be nice but i cant find one i have just run out of alot of time and need another hobbie tell my truck is out of the shop

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
like what people have said...I always hit ebay too. Remember to prime your car (any good auto primer) before painting it because most automotive paints will attack plastic. Hoppin Hydro's chassis fit any Impala from 58-76. As far as difficulty, it's only as hard as you want to make it. There are good snap kits with interiors but no engines out there. Revell makes a real nice 96 Impala snap kit with an engine. Other good starter models are the AMT 63 and 64 Impalas, real simple glue assembly. Hobby Lobby or Michaels have basic supplies.

K. Diaz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts