LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
STILL CRUISING
4,738 Posts
will not look good at all.cuz of the shape of the wheel well,I roll 14s dont think they look bad on my monte ,round wheelwell.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
THEY PULLED YOU OVER FOR THAT WHERE YOU LIVE AT? THEY GOT NOTHIN BETTER TO DO. I THINK THEY LOOK OKAY HAD THEM ON MY CUTLASS BUT WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR JUICE SWITCHED TO 13 14S CAUSED THEY RUBBED RIDE ALOT BETTER JUST DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOURE DRIVING. WHAT THEY SAY TO YOU.

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:uh: he said weight limits on them lil rims the car cant handle it and to get 14s its a saftey thing. luckly i didnt get a ticket for the rims i had my music loud to and no seat belt so i get the belt ticket n that was it.. but he told me a ticket for the rims would bne like 300 bucks im in california..this cop is a dick to all lowriders basicly the only cop that hates

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
WELL ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GONNA DO FIND HIM ON HIS PAY DAY AND ASK HIM TO PUT IN FOR SOME NEW RIMS. :angry:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by low83cutty@Jul 24 2005, 09:26 PM
:uh: he said weight limits on them lil rims the car cant handle it and to get 14s its a saftey thing. luckly i didnt get a ticket for the rims i had my music loud to and no seat belt so i get the belt ticket n that was it.. but he told me a ticket for the rims would bne like 300 bucks im in california..this cop is a dick to all lowriders basicly the only cop that hates
[snapback]3472176[/snapback]​
yeah, the cops are trying to cut down on lolo's breaking down on the freeway and stuff due to the little rims. But I see mainly big bodies and VERY rarely and g-bodies on the shoulder due to a tire popping or whatnot.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by low83cutty@Jul 24 2005, 09:26 PM
[snapback]3472176[/snapback]​
as long as you are running radial tires, you shouldn't have a weight issue... if you look up the gross vehicle weight (GVW)for your car and divide it by 4, the number you come up with can't exceed the weight limit for the tires... and it more than likely won't...

and if you have to, get 14's... I've had both on my Cutty and they don't look bad, but I prefer my 13's as well.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
exactly what vegashopper said. i got pulled over in my 68 wagon for having too small of tires. (175/75R14)

i went to a truck scale and weighed the car, i went with a full tank and huge speakerbox etc :)twak: should have went empty and no box)

look at the rating on the side of the tires and multiply by 4, i bet its more than what the car weighs. i think 13s are about 850 per tire times 4 is 3400 so you should be cool unless its lifted.

·
Man on a mission
54,031 Posts
I WOULD NOT PUT 14'S ON A -GODY UNLESS ITS A HOPPER / TO ME THEY LOOK TO BIG FOR THE CAR . I WOULD WAIT TILL I ACTUALLY GOT A TICKET ,PUT THE STOCKS ON , SIGN IT OFF .AND HAVE THE 13'S BACK ON IN THE AFTERNOON . FUCK THE COPS........ON A SIDE NOTE IT IS TRUE ABOUT THE WIEGHT RATING ON TIRES . 13'S ARE ACTUALLY EVEN UNDERRATED FOR A G-BODY AND DEFFINATLY TO SMALL FOR FULL SIZE CADDYS AND IMPALAS . BUT THAT IS THE LOOK . BUT I HAVE TO SAY FROM A SAFTEY STANDPOINT I ROLL 14'S ON MY CADDY .MAINLY CAUSE ITS A DAILY. IF I DECIDE TO GO ALL OUT IT WILL BE ON 13'S
MY 2 :puffin: :scrutinize:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
i put 14s on everything,but my cutty, the 13's just look right on it.not small at all. Well, tell him to get you the book and find you where it says what size rims you can have.Smaller rims are actually safer than the big 20+ inch rims because you can fit a phatter tire.go hit some potholes on 28's with rubber band tires and see how they hold up. Now they small tires that we put on our 13's, thats another story,but he didnt say tires, he said rims

·
Registered
15,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya thats what im sayin he alredy made one girl here run 14s on her cutty becuse she had 13s this cop is a hater. hes got hella complants about him at the pd

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Pic of my old Cutty on 14's & my brothers blue Cutty is on 14's also

I just took the 13's off the Cutty I got now to sell them to get 14's cuz Im gonna do a lot a freeway driving + the 13's I had on there dont feel right anymore sence I got my Tranny rebuilt wit a shift kit added to it

Attachments

·
Banned
1,172 Posts
Originally posted by Fleetwood Rider@Jul 25 2005, 05:31 PM

I just took the 13's off the Cutty I got now to sell them to get 14's cuz Im gonna do a lot a freeway driving + the 13's I had on there dont feel right anymore sence I got my Tranny rebuilt wit a shift kit added to it
[snapback]3477344[/snapback]​
14s look good :cool:

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
the funny thing about people scared of tearing up trannys and motors,,so i ride 14's excuse,,is there not even an inch taller (if your running 175/70) ,,because the tire is thinner than a 155/80,,,,so they even out ,,,,smaller wheel/bigger tire=bigger wheel/smaller tire

they just square and look funny

same with hoppers,,14's are flatter which is BADD for hopping (unless your running bobo tires)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by Fleetwood Rider@Jul 25 2005, 06:31 PM

[snapback]3477344[/snapback]​

Also have a shift kit on my 86 442 runnin 14's but if you dont mind the ticket, stay with the 13's!!

·
Registered
783 Posts
wow, i have only heard of cops givin ticket to people on thirteens if theirr ridin 5.20s

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
14's are better :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts