LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting the ports in tommrow , they are going in a 2 12" box, I have some 4in cardboard tubing that I was thinking of using, any suggustions the box is the box is 1 ft 3in back, 3 ft long, and 1 ft 2 in. down

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
We need to know what kind of subs you have... I ran this through my program and it shows that if had 2 JL Audio 12W0's you would need a box like this...

H= 29.28 inches
W= 46.85 inches
D= 17.57 inches

You could have 1 round port that is 4 inches wide and 2.67 inches deep... Or you could have 2 ports that are 4 inches wide and 8.28 inches deep...

If you tell me what you got I can run it and let you know... :cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are two Sub Zero gold series DVC , 600watts each

How can I have one port with a 2 12" box? thanks for the information, and where exactly should I put the ports, on the same side as the speakers? or somewhere else, on the top of the box, somethin different?

I am putting these ports in as soon as I get the info for them, and I will let you know how it sounds asap

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And one more question, what is all this from a recent post

(I've had 3 ported boxes.. technically 2... one was 4cu ft with 2 RF HX2's in it ported at 40hz, then 2 RE HC12's in the same box, and that gave me a boost at 40hz... the other box is 2 cu ft ported at 30hz... if you look at a graph of the response curve, you'll notice a peak at a certain frequencies... )

I want the subs to be able to hit a good hz... how can I port this so it plays at different hz..? I want it to have some good sq, but also have some crazy low bass to it, can you help me out, thanks

·
Registered
12,351 Posts
Originally posted by bigLINCOLN77@Oct 8 2003, 11:44 PM
they are two Sub Zero gold series DVC , 600watts each

How can I have one port with a 2 12" box? thanks for the information, and where exactly should I put the ports, on the same side as the speakers? or somewhere else, on the top of the box, somethin different?

I am putting these ports in as soon as I get the info for them, and I will let you know how it sounds asap
Are you talkin' about the Ground Zero 12" DVC Nuke??? I hear that's an awsome sub...

I don't have that in my program... :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they say Sub Zero on them, and can't you look up a speaker that is very similar to this one, try a MTX 8000 if ya can, or anytihng, I just need to know how big to make these ports,
is there a standard size?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to build a one slot port in the center of the box, how wide should I make it, and how far from the back of the box

or should I make two slot ports in the center? with a dividing wall between them

I need to know how many inches wide each port should be, or for a single port if suggusted, thanks

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Oct 9 2003, 06:11 AM

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by bigLINCOLN77@Oct 9 2003, 06:11 AM
I decided to build a one slot port in the center of the box, how wide should I make it, and how far from the back of the box

or should I make two slot ports in the center? with a dividing wall between them

I need to know how many inches wide each port should be, or for a single port if suggusted, thanks
Depends on teh desired tuning frequency.

Make one slot port...

Again, depends on the size of the enclosure and the desired tuning frequency...

If you could post the T/S parameters for the subs it would certainly help....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want the subs to hit low, I just need to knowa standard width to space the port out to, 4 in? and how far back, how much space should be left behind the port and the back of the box

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can I make a maze port? will that be any better, or louder? I am actually making this box, and not just talkin about it, so I really need to know , all the wood is cut, i just need to make the ports

Last edited by bigLINCOLN77 at Oct 9 2003, 06:05 PM

·
Registered
151 Posts
To figure the port size out first off you have to find out what frequence your car resinates at, then get a box tuned to that freq. That way it will sound good with any note

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by DustinN@Oct 14 2003, 02:39 PM
To figure the port size out first off you have to find out what frequence your car resinates at, then get a box tuned to that freq. That way it will sound good with any note
lol....thats wrong in so many ways....not even going to try to clarify...

T/S is short for Theille/Small. The T/S parameters are measured data on the driver that you can use to predict the how the woofer will react in a certain enclosure. They should be in the users manual or on the manufacturer's website. If not, just call them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just built a 2 12" box, and just built a port for it today, how do you think this will sound?

It's normal rectangle box, it's a bit bigger then the average 2 12" box

I just made a rectangle port for it, the port is four inches wide, and about 12 in. tall,it's directly in the center, with no wall dividing the two chambers

will the 2 subs act as one sub?
I know i need a dividing wall with 2 12"s in a sealed box, but no wall in a ported box correct, anyhelp,

·
Registered
151 Posts
im tellin you find out what freq. your car resinates at, then from there tune the port to that. Just go to the local streo store to find out just get a old 10 and put it in the trunk or whereever your going to put your subs, hit it on the new dbdrag cd try all the freqencys then from there tune the ports to that

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok ,i'm not trying to act like an idiot, but i'm not fully understanding what your saying. I have lots of 12's laying around the house, and i have a 1 12" box. So your saying tune the port to the loudest db? I do not have a db meter, but I can get one if someone tells me where to, can you explane this a little more, thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts