251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:dunno: anyone? would like to get started on it asap

thanks

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll try that. i just need all the white gone so its back to stock. should of photo shopped it first before painting,lol

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by BigLinc@Sep 8 2005, 03:07 PM~3776742
i used aircraft stripper on plastic before and never had a problem, just dont leave it on too long, u can get it in spray cans at autozone
spray and wipe with towel? havent went out yet, so my options are still open

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
shit leave it like that. it looks tight. spray it with sum model car dullcotetho to take away the shine......

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oven cleaner didnt work. gonna look for that aircraft stuff linc said.

i had over cleaner here. they werent kidding about wearing gloves! i have an annyoing burn in my fingers from time to time :angry:

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
You will probobly be better of sanding it and repainting it grey. You still tryin to sell it?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by 509Rider@Sep 10 2005, 02:37 PM~3788534
You will probobly be better of sanding it and repainting it grey. You still tryin to sell it?
yeah in a way. if someone pulls up with the cash, its theres. but im ordering the 3rd pump come monday. then 16'' cylenders and puttin in the chain bridge.
but nothings gonna get done till colder air hits ( late october ) so if someone buys it, then i'll havea pump and 16'' cyelenders for something else. once i start pulling shit out and then some, its gonna be mine for a long long time

ok, i found that aircraft stripper........... bought 2 cans for futer use. gonna try it tomorrow. were goin out tonight ( just found out ) so we'll see how it goes then.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i had time to do it today. i need to wrap the hole peice or buy new. i sprayed it on, and wiped it all off........didnt matter, it pitted the plastic BADLY. i didnt even let it set on, it worked that quick.

lesson learned!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
we all learn the hard way at times,lol

Should have re sprayed it...

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Sep 11 2005, 05:02 AM~3790613
i had time to do it today. i need to wrap the hole peice or buy new. i sprayed it on, and wiped it all off........didnt matter, it pitted the plastic BADLY. i didnt even let it set on, it worked that quick.

lesson learned!

it CAN be saved........just da it or sadn it down with 400 and repaint it.......

you should have NEVER used aircraft stripper on plastic it is way too strong........

·
Registered
531 Posts
I hold in front of me.....Klean Strip Aircraft Remover...

In the directions it says.....NOTE-Do not apply on plastic or any other synthetic surfaces.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts