LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My dad was a low rider, then my oldest brother, then when I got married my husband hung out with my brother and they decided to start a club. Los Magnificos. It started as a family club. Where wives and kids could come to the meetings. 25 years ago.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I was hooked at like 7 years old...

I can remember playin in the front yard and seeing this glasshouse drop the front end and spark the shit out of my street!!! I thought I saw Jesus...hahahhaah...needless to say I was hooked!

·
FLEXOMATIC EQUIPPED
3,609 Posts
The year was 1990 and I went to see Boyz In The Hood...

GAME OVER... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dad was real big into it and then I grew up around it and started making bikes took 1st place in California in 2004 with 2 bikes

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
My dad was raised in East Los,the birthplace of "shorts"(the term that pre-dated "lowriders"),he was an original member or "Playboys of East LA" car club.He strayed away from cars for a few years due to a few upstate vacations but when he returned he got back in the game and has been at it ever since therefore I was born into the lifestyle.I came home from the hospital in his two tone brown/beige 50 Chevy 3 window truck.Im still at it 32 years later.Alrato!

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by Latin Thug@Nov 8 2007, 09:11 AM~9182774

joto :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
saw one crusing around then i decided hmm i want one like that come to find out the only way to get one was to be a drug dealer so i did. did that for a year then moved up to embezzling and extortion now i have a mint condition 79 monte carlo in my garage

·
The Eater of Chicken
14,484 Posts
I use to get into lowriders like Bo and Luke. I would slide across the hood and then get into the lowrider through the driver door window. One day my balls got caught on the door lock; needless to say, it bruised. After that I learned to open tha doors and get in like normal folks. :yes:

Thats how I got into lowriders.

·
The Eater of Chicken
14,484 Posts
Originally posted by Ronin@Nov 10 2007, 11:19 AM~9197921
saw one crusing around then i decided hmm i want one like that come to find out the only way to get one was to be a drug dealer so i did. did that for a year then moved up to embezzling and extortion now i have a mint condition 79 monte carlo in my garage
Nothing cleaner than a drug dealer lowrider.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I got into it in the early 90s when i went to my first magnificos lowrider show. First generation lowrider in my familia but gettn every body ealse into it eversince. Some people are lucky and are born it to it and some of us are still tryn to learn as much on our own. Regardless of how we got into it we all got hydraulic fluid running in throu our veins cause it ain't a hobby its a lifestyle. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts