LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has a story of how they got into the Lifestyle we live. Here's a chance to tell it. Most of you might have had family already into it, or some of you might be like me and came into it in your teens through a different avenue of life.

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Originally posted by lowriv1972@Jan 5 2009, 10:49 AM~12610559
Everyone has a story of how they got into the Lifestyle we live. Here's a chance to tell it. Most of you might have had family already into it, or some of you might be like me and came into it in your teens through a different avenue of life.

I saw one when I was a kid.............and that did for me.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
my dad lived in Culver City in the early 70's right before I was born, he always had pictures of lowriders and told me stories about them, once I discovered Lifestyle Car Club, I was hooked.

i grew up mainly around bikers, but stuck more to lowriders when i was younger. now i just enjoy both.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by CHE1@Jan 5 2009, 10:52 AM~12610581
I saw one when I was a kid.............and that did for me.
Kinda the same story for me, but since Im a white boy, it was harder to get my parents to accept the fact that lowriders werent thugs like they were when they were growing up. I would walk home from school and check out this Candy Turquois mazda long bed on 13's sittin in the parking lot of the littel corner store around the corner from my house. I finally met the owner of teh truck one day and he was a cool dude. We would talk about my school and the guys I would hang around. At my school, my friends would hang with these wanna be gang bangers and would get me in trouble. One day the guy with the truck gave me a ride to my house and asked if i was interested in building a lowrider bike, and he would buy me a frame and i would just have to stop hanging with those guys at the school. That he would get me in the club that he ran. I agreed and theats how it all started. It took about a year before my Dad got use to the club and now my Dad loves the sport, not his style, but now he knows we arent a bunch of thugs!!!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
ahh....
my and my boy low4life86 were at his grandmas house in sac
and we both were hit at the same time

her next door neighbor had a white big body and drove up and dumped the car

i was hooked from that point

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 925eastbayrider@Jan 5 2009, 01:06 PM~12611815
ahh....
my and my boy low4life86 were at his grandmas house in sac
and we both were hit at the same time

her next door neighbor had a white big body and drove up and dumped the car

i was hooked from that point
:biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I grew up around Imperials Car Club (Nor Cal Chapter), everyone from my Dad to my Unlces to my older Cousins had rides. I wasn't really into them at first, i was more into the bag and luxury scene. But once my Dad and my Uncles were building cars left and right, i got into it more. Now my son is building his first bike at age 4, so i'm pretty sure he'll be the next generation of Lowriding for my family.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by 84LOLO@Jan 5 2009, 10:20 PM~12618094
Honestly ICE CUBE BOYZ IN THE HOOD,and then Joe and Dave from goodfellas originaly from newark  :biggrin:
Yup, Joe and David got me hooked too. After we went to go see Lil Eddie the first time, i saw David's caddy and then later i saw Joe's 68, and i knew i wanted to be just like them when i grew up ( minus the beer gut :biggrin: )

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
when i was a kid i seen a delta 88 (if i remember right) with a gold "flying bitch" hood ornimate lifted on one side and slamned on the other in the johnys grocery parking lot and I was staring at it didnt notice the two brothas standing by it but they noticed me and one reached in the window and started hitting the switches, back then hydros were slow but i remember being amazed and the 2 guys were all smiles from seeing my reaction to it... I think I was about 7 years old and I remember running home and telling my mom about it and a few days later she bought me a lowrider magazine. cool topic I hadn't thought about that for a long time :cool:

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
Originally posted by djrascal@Jan 5 2009, 10:24 PM~12618840
Yup, Joe and David got me hooked too. After we went to go see Lil Eddie the first time, i saw David's caddy and then later i saw Joe's 68, and i knew i wanted to be just like them when i grew up ( minus the beer gut  :biggrin:  )
This from a guy that plucks his eye brows :uh: :twak:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well being from the east coast i only thought lowriding was a mexican thing at first from looking at old movies and magazines. Then came Boyz n the Hood, Eazy E, Dr. Dre and Snoop with the low-lows. The bug really hit me with Ice Cube music video Today was a good Day. I felled in love with that green impala. But i perfer Snoop style with the CADDIES.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by eastbay68@Jan 6 2009, 12:37 AM~12619441
This from a guy that plucks his eye brows  :uh:  :twak:
:biggrin:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was raised in Oak Park Sacramento, The first time I realized what a lowrider was, Was at a small corner store, the guy pulled up in a 62 impala, dumped front and back, after that hooked all the way, around 1971.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts