LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wonder how do air valves work ? I have hooked up my system and I get clicking noises from them I don't have a new P. switch yet so I have not put much air in the tank any idea how how the valves work dose there need to be a high psi in the tank 1st ?
I have looked all over the net to find what makes them work cause nothing moves on the outside of the valves when I work them just sounds like realys kicking in and out
this is what I have

air valves 3 position
300psi 3/8 competition 4- valves mounted
just explaing how they work without me trying to take them apart would be cool thanks :cool:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
theres a spool inside the valve, that directs pressure to either port a or port b...

kinda like this drawing...

with little to no pressure, they will just click..
do you have a pressure gauge on your tank??
if so, go ahead and run the compressor, let it build up 150 psi or so...
then give them valves a click...

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by Xessive@Oct 2 2003, 06:35 PM
I am wonder how do air valves work ? I have hooked up my system and I get clicking noises from them I don't have a new P. switch yet so I have not put much air in the tank any idea how how the valves work dose there need to be a high psi in the tank 1st ?
I have looked all over the net to find what makes them work cause nothing moves on the outside of the valves when I work them just sounds like realys kicking in and out
this is what I have

air valves 3 position
300psi 3/8 competition 4- valves mounted
just explaing how they work without me trying to take them apart would be cool thanks :cool:
i just put that on my 98 neon 2 days ago :biggrin:
it makes the install alot cleaner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts