LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SPORT D-O-DOUBLE-GEE
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW DO FLATEN OUT THE TOP OF A FULL STACK ONCE YOU CUT THEM??? DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A SHOP THAT DOES THAT??? ANY INFO WILL HELP OUT THANKS TO ALL...:cool:

·
Registered
8,976 Posts
U don't need to. Why what are u doin

·
SPORT D-O-DOUBLE-GEE
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U don't need to. Why what are u doin
I WAS AT A SHOP AND THEY SAID THAT THE TOP NEEDED TO BE FLATENED OUT OR THE SPRING WOULD START TO DIG INTO THE FRAME ON A COIL OVER SETUP AND SAID THEY HAD A MACHINE SHOP THAT DID IT, THEN WHEN IT CAME TIME I CALLED UP THE SHOP AND WAS TOLD THAT THE MACHINE SHOP THEY USED DID NOT DO IT ANY MORE, SO I DECIDED TO POST ON HERE TO SEE HOW MUCH TRUTH THERE IS TO IT...

·
SPORT D-O-DOUBLE-GEE
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
634 Posts
Black magic sells some machined on one side so if u set them on the floor the sit strait. They're precuts tho

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
there is a such thing as top cups for coilover setups why wouldnt you use them
I always use top cups in the rear. If you're cutting springs, just cut on an angle a bit and grind down until it's as flat as you can get it and slide the cups over them. That way the coil isn't pushing up against the floor until it breaks a hole through and causes the spring to "cork screw" up into the trunk.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
For the rear I like to have one end of the spring flat and thats usely the top side so it dont dig into the metal and coil over cup can hold the bottom part of the spring stable.

If a customer has pigtails on both ends of his coils and thats what he wants and has to work with, I heat up a 3rd or a 4th of the top turn and flatten it out so it will sit more or less flat. Seems to work cool and I havent had one break.

·
SPORT D-O-DOUBLE-GEE
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE INFO, USED A CHOP SAW AND A GRINDER, CAME OUT CHERRY, STILL INTERESTED IN THE TOP CUPS,WHERE CAN I GET SOME???

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
We are the only on that makes a top cup properly. You can't put a donut or any other devise on top that fits the cylinder snug. On my sig there's a link to our site, check them out......the only way to do it properly with no squeaks. Oh and the springs need to be flat on both sides. How can you install a crooked spring on a flat cup and expect no problems? Our pre-cut is flat on both ends for that reason. It helps with premature wear on the cylinder casing and in combination with top cup no squeaks. Must be installed correctly.:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.