LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I PUT 14'' CYLINDERS IN THE BACK, COILOVER, 4 PUMPS, 8 BATTS.
IT STANDS A WEAK ASS 3 RIGHT NOW, I HEARD IF I CHAIN BRIDGE IT, THE STANDING 3 WILL DOUBLE IN HEIGHT? DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE STOCK PERCHES WHERE MY CYLINDER/DONUTS GOES THROUGH TO WELD THE 8" C CHANNEL TOP THE FRAME? ALSO WHERE ON THE PUMPKIN DO I WELD MY CHAIN MOUNTS?

DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THERE G BODY CHAIN BRIDGED UP??

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
i don't have pics but you basically do like you said. weld a peice of c-channel across where the two upper spring pockets on the frame are and hook your chains onto it. don't weld then on your pumpkin but better on the axle. and if you don't have it reinforced it's best to do it now. ;) this is pretty much the basic idea and i'm sure anyone else can elaborate and argue where to mount the chains but i just wanna give ya a basic start. ;)

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by Dirty78Monte@Dec 19 2003, 10:29 PM
I PUT 14'' CYLINDERS IN THE BACK, COILOVER, 4 PUMPS, 8 BATTS.
IT STANDS A WEAK ASS 3 RIGHT NOW, I HEARD IF I CHAIN BRIDGE IT, THE STANDING 3 WILL DOUBLE IN HEIGHT? DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE STOCK PERCHES WHERE MY CYLINDER/DONUTS GOES THROUGH TO WELD THE 8" C CHANNEL TOP THE FRAME? ALSO WHERE ON THE PUMPKIN DO I WELD MY CHAIN MOUNTS?

DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THERE G BODY CHAIN BRIDGED UP??

PLEASE HELP
Is your driveshaft shortined? If not it could be keeping it from going higher. And a chain bridge won't make it 3 wheel higher.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
yeah! if you don't have your shaft shortened better do it now. mine grinds when i lock it up on 10's! imma eventually get 12's but imma get my shaft shortened so i wouldn't hafta worry about it falling out. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i looked at it, but in the diagram they arent chain bridging a G Body, the upper trailing arms on my Monte might get in the way of the chains? also will i have to remove my stock perches when i weld on my C channel? because on the C channel i'll have to cut holes for my cylinders for sure. Or do i just cut the perches so that the C channel fits snug up in there?
ALSO?? should my chains be put like / \ or \ / ??
Any helps is much appreciated

Last edited by Dirty78Monte at Dec 21 2003, 11:42 AM

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
back when i had my 80 monte i had chains...i had 14inch cylinders in the back...with straight up and down chains...no angled chains.....coil over with 2 1/2 ton springs with 5 turns on them....and it would 3 wheel pretty good....3 pumps 6 batteries..3 on each side....i think the more turns on the spring u have, the better 3 wheel u get...but it doesnt sit very low on pancake..........maybe if you put the bridge in the trunk....like on the other post with the cutlass.....u can fit more turns on the spring, sit low, and 3 wheel high....just a suggestion.

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
also, i did nothing to the driveshaft or trailing arms.......it would ride ok, but when i would lock it up all the way in the back it would vibrate..just couldnt ride locked up...everything else was fine...i would drive it all the time and 3 wheel alot also.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info guys.....hey lonestar where did you have your chains welded to the rearend at?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by Dirty78Monte@Dec 21 2003, 10:17 PM
thanks for the info guys.....hey lonestar where did you have your chains welded to the rearend at?
I ALWAYS SEEN THEM AS CLOSE TO THE PUMPKIN AS POSIBLE

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by Dirty78Monte@Dec 21 2003, 09:17 PM
kind of hard to remember...it was i guess in the mid-way between the cylinder and the pumpkin....2 seperate chains....

·
Registered
970 Posts
your chains should be as close to the pumpkin as possible... \ /like that . u dont have to remove the spring perches but...that s up to u...i personnally am not removeing em till i strapp the frame ya man nice threes thats what its all about hope this helps

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
u can also just use one chain, it locks up really fast

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
DUDE U NEED 6 MORE BATTS U NEED THE WIEGHT TO MAKE IT TILT BACK/OVER ALSO IF IT DOENST SIT THAT LOW IN THE BACK IT WONT 3 THAT GOOD EITHER JUST ANOTHER TIP ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had mine chained and bridged chains right next to each other on the bridge and about 3" outside of the pumpkin. I say gut out the old spring perches to get that bridge as high as you can. youll only have room for like 2 turns of spring if you want to tuck white in the back pancked. your driveshaft might limit your lift right now a little, but that is the good thing about the chains is that you can chain it to like the 12"-13" and be locked al the way out. good luck, PM me if you need any help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts