LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
You don't have to take the motor out but, you will have to raqise it up some. Unbolt the motor mounts and tranny mounts and then pull her up a little. You only need to raise the motor up enough to gain access. Hope it helps now go to work. :cool:

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ALOW1@Sep 2 2003, 08:19 PM
Be more specific......
Well my old stock one, I scraped a whole in it so I finally got a slam guard one and Ima put it in but I had no idea what needs to be done in preperation and completeing the task. So I just need to lift the engine not take it all the way out, what all do I disconnect? Just looking for tips and know how, if it helps its a 350 in a 77 monte.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by Payasomm+Sep 2 2003, 08:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Payasomm @ Sep 2 2003, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1@Sep 2 2003, 08:19 PM
Be more specific......
Well my old stock one, I scraped a whole in it so I finally got a slam guard one and Ima put it in but I had no idea what needs to be done in preperation and completeing the task. So I just need to lift the engine not take it all the way out, what all do I disconnect? Just looking for tips and know how, if it helps its a 350 in a 77 monte.[/b][/quote]
Like S-10 said, undo your transmission mounts, and your motor mounts and lift the engine up some. I have never worked on one of those so my suggestion would be to get under it first and see iff you have enough room to drop it without raising the motor. Even if you have to raise the motor some thats no big deal, just raise it so you have enough room to get the pan off. Make sure you use a new gasket too.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Yeah man just loosen the motor mounts and Tranny mounts and jack that bitch up.I had to do the same thing in my 65 Impala when I had to replace my oil pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts