LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked it up in the repair manual, but the pictures they show somehow dont make sense to me. are those caps that i have to get out? and theres bolts under them. i tried to pry them off but it didnt work.

also, i took out the 4 bolts, you can see the holes, and that did nothing. someone help please.

first picture is the front, second picture is the rear of the driveshaft.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Unbolt it at the rearend and the it will just slide out of the transmission. Be ready for transmission fluid to poor out when you pull the driveshaft out if its full.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i stood on the driveshaft, and nothing happened. i had a big pry bar, and it didnt budge at all. i also jacked up the rear end to see if that would help and still, it didnt move or anything. is it just frozen together?
i knew the front slipped out, but since it seems like its still connected, i didnt want to damage anything.

thanks for your replied guys.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
spray some pb blaster on it and let it sit a while and then push it towards the tranny and it should come off

·
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by caddyshack@Jul 26 2005, 06:48 AM
put it in drive and hit the gas, that should do it... J/k LOL
[snapback]3480772[/snapback]​
Yea, do this and have somebody take pictures :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
is it impalish...does it have a carrier bearing in the center of the drive line ...

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
it looks like the driveshaft is all the way in the transmission. it looks like you are taking apart a rolling chassis? i think you have to take the springs out and let the frame come down on the rear end and it will give you some room.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
so u have the 2 bearing caps off the trans? if i do stick a crow bar between the rear end yoke and the u joint and force the drive shaft toward the front of the car...when i did mine on my rust bucket gard prix it took a good jerk to get it loose

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
or u can take off the yolk and replace it with new ones :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts