LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much and how do they make the fiberglass twist for u to mount the speaker and make it look like its coming out like in the picture below

·
Registered
996 Posts
You make it out of wood and make speaker rings and elevate them then staple flice over it then brush the fiberglass risen over it.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by aguacatio@Jan 2 2009, 07:12 PM~12587522
how much does a job like the one below gos for .....just for the wave looking motion ?

Depends on a lot of things like what kind of car, what you're looking to put in the trunk, how you want everything configured, if you need it painted and all wired up or just a rough fiberglass box, where you're located, if you're having a professional shop do it or someone you know, etc etc etc. I don't know much about fiberglass but i do know that it takes a lot of time to get a smooth finish like those in the pics and good work isn't cheap, cheap work isn't good.

Post up what equipment you have and what car and someone should be able to give you a rough estimate,

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1964 impala 2 pumps 4 dumps 8 batteries ......... 4 batteries to the left 4 to the right side ...... im looking for a professional job to do something like this.... like in the second pic the batteries are kind of hiden is what im trying to do .......

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
$1000+ DEPENDING ON WHO YOU GET TO DO IT LOT OF WORK AND LOT OF PATIENCE COULD DO IT YOURSELF THO NOT THAT HARD JUST A LOT OF WORK, SANDING, BODY FILLER,

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Jan 2 2009, 11:49 PM~12589506
$1000+ DEPENDING ON WHO YOU GET TO DO IT LOT OF WORK AND LOT OF PATIENCE COULD DO IT YOURSELF THO NOT THAT HARD JUST A LOT OF WORK, SANDING, BODY FILLER,
SHIT. THAT IS IF YOU DO IT. A JOB LIKE THAT IS ALOT OF HOURS PREP AND SANDING AND EVERYTHING ELSE. DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF EQUIPMENT, AND THE TIME OF WORK IT COULD GO $2500-5K.

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DIRTY@Jan 3 2009, 08:36 AM~12592560
SHIT.  THAT IS IF YOU DO IT.  A JOB LIKE THAT IS ALOT OF HOURS PREP AND SANDING AND EVERYTHING ELSE.  DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF EQUIPMENT, AND THE TIME OF WORK IT COULD GO $2500-5K.
x2

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
fiberglass aint that hard. making things semetrical is really the only hard part, and thats just like doing bodywork,but more fun and rewarding.

Alotta people just get turned off from it by the mess. you just gotta have a good place to do it and a few right tools to make the work easy

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
TO DO A BOX WITH TRIM PANELS ALL GLASS AND PAINTED I CHARGE $3000-$5000. THAT WAS IN THE HAY DAYS WHEN PEOPLE SPENT MONEY. :biggrin: YOU COULD PROBALLY FIND SOMEONE FOR A LITTLE LESS NOW. BUT IF YOU WANT EVERYTHING SPRAYED IN KANDY, DON'T EXPECT IT. ;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
try something new and learn along the way! its wood, fleece, resin then BAM. throw in some sanding with some duraglass and you saved yourself a lot of money. start with a board to be the base of your box. you can buy speaker rings. place them on top of wooden blocks to ensure sufficient air space. STAPLE and stretch the fleece around your base-wood and rings. cut out rings with razor. resin everything. at least three layers. sand smooth( may take awhile) fill imperfections with a fiberglass/bondo filler. nothin too it but to do it. its man made, meaning u can do it too with some patience and attention to detail.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dam dat sounds too intricate ... i have to buy the material ... is there any forum out here already of someone with the steps to doing this

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dam dat sounds too intricate ... i have to buy the material ... is there any forum out here already of someone with the steps to doing this

·
Registered
51,637 Posts
here a sample how to :biggrin:

·
Registered
51,637 Posts
t t t ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
damn if it was that easy, no one would be able to charge 3000-5000 for a good job. you have to know a lot more than the basics to do something like a full trunk. shit a small box takes a few days, a full trunk can take weeks, months depending on how much time a person has to dedicate to it. especially if you wanted it painted candy. damn price of paint material is a few bills alone.

·
Registered
707 Posts
na its not easy, but people will pay for what they will not try. time is money and folks dont always want to dedicate weeks or months. ya its not done overnight but attention to detail and some time, almost any motivated person could do it. most people are not patient enough to smooth the shit out of their work. prep work son.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by raiderhater719@Mar 27 2010, 12:12 AM~17013110
Fuck it I'm about to try that shit. Wish me luck! :cool:
Its so easy a cave man could do it

:cheesy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts