LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna extend the trailing arms on this 61 impala im building so the imitation cylinders can go all the way. how do you do it? do you put the hinges further foward on the chassis?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track. I noticed when I was working with mine this weekend while i was trying to make it sit down low in the back that the trailing arms actually hit the under carriage, so if you extend the mount mabe you would need to make telesoping trailing arms so it can go down low as well.
I think Mads 63 is set up that way.
D

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.when i get some more glue i will try that. do you have to put the cylinders at an angle? sorry but i dont know much about hydraulics.

do you want me to take some pics?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali@Oct 7 2003, 09:51 AM
ok.when i get some more glue i will try that. do you have to put the cylinders at an angle? sorry but i dont know much about hydraulics.

The more I think about it you would need to put them on an angle for it all to work properly. You might try shetching it out to see how it might work
BTW I liked your other Avitar, whats with the kid? Your son?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by dag65+Oct 7 2003, 07:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dag65 @ Oct 7 2003, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--hopper_ali@Oct 7 2003, 09:51 AM

The more I think about it you would need to put them on an angle for it all to work properly. You might try shetching it out to see how it might work
BTW I liked your other Avitar, whats with the kid? Your son?[/b][/quote]
yeah i thought so.

at 13 its not likely that im gonna have a son,lol.

thats ME in my avitar. taken today.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Oct 7 2003, 02:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Oct 7 2003, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 07:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--hopper_ali
@Oct 7 2003, 09:51 AM

BTW I liked your other Avitar, whats with the kid? Your son?
yeah i thought so.

at 13 its not likely that im gonna have a son,lol.

thats ME in my avitar. taken today.[/b][/quote]
I had no idea you were that young, Damn I thought that was Ozzie Osbourne LOL

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Oct 7 2003, 04:02 PM
i cut the trailing arms in half and extended them with square brass tubing and moved the mounts forward. also angled/twisted the box tubing some.

the tubing telescopes as the arms go up right? where you been you are late today?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by dag65@Oct 7 2003, 04:05 PM
the tubing telescopes as the arms go up right?
well generally no, they dont telescope but in that pic i have them slid out a little bit because the ass was locked super high for some pics i was taking so i slid them out a little bit extra. other than that they stay the same length at all times and lifts and lowers with no problems. that is why the mounting point has been moved so far forward on them.................

the arms are lengthened to accomodate for the high lift.
so to keep the axle in possition when its layed out the mounts have been moved forward to make up for the differance.

i did it the same as on a real hopper aka "circus car"

hope this helps everyone out some?

·
Registered
743 Posts
yeah thanks man, I was messing with mine the other day trying to get it really low and it kept hitting the pan
This one doesn't need to move so I just modified the arms a bit to sit lower

1 - 13 of 13 Posts