LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by pedal scrapin@Aug 26 2003, 05:39 PM
my spring on my fork squeaks waaaay to much, i sound like an idiot when people see me.

how do i fix that???

and no WD-40 "DOESN'T DO THE TRICK"!
loosen the bolt, or switch out the spring

L

·
0 Posts
First thing is well triflow or wd 40 when that sucks ass then take the spring out and put something on the ends Silicone, Tiny cardboard, cloth etc... We had a rain and a few here are starting to squeek. Imagine my issues My bike sits to lowto ride. I have a 45T chainring in the front so I have to use the regular length crank so I have to make a sleeve over my bolt so it will not compress the spring.

Good luck on the squeek.

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I had the same problem until I switched the spring backwarfs and started riding the bike with the spring backwards (big part towards the back) and then after a while I flipped it back and it didn't squeek no mo. For some reason (I don't know why it shut ut up.) I think it was because I repositioned the spring the second time I put it in where it wouldn't shift as much and it wouldn't squeek.

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
i had the same problem and now i got it again. i repositioned the the thing where the screw screws in. the screw was bending upwards, and it hit the crown. so everytime i would ride it, it would squeak or grind, i changed it and it was working fine, also check the goosneck , they squeak too when they are cracked. mines squeaks again but i aint movin shit, everybody just gonna have to live with it. pz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts