LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
First thing is well triflow or wd 40 when that sucks ass then take the spring out and put something on the ends Silicone, Tiny cardboard, cloth etc... We had a rain and a few here are starting to squeek. Imagine my issues My bike sits to lowto ride. I have a 45T chainring in the front so I have to use the regular length crank so I have to make a sleeve over my bolt so it will not compress the spring.

Good luck on the squeek.

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
I had the same problem until I switched the spring backwarfs and started riding the bike with the spring backwards (big part towards the back) and then after a while I flipped it back and it didn't squeek no mo. For some reason (I don't know why it shut ut up.) I think it was because I repositioned the spring the second time I put it in where it wouldn't shift as much and it wouldn't squeek.

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
i had the same problem and now i got it again. i repositioned the the thing where the screw screws in. the screw was bending upwards, and it hit the crown. so everytime i would ride it, it would squeak or grind, i changed it and it was working fine, also check the goosneck , they squeak too when they are cracked. mines squeaks again but i aint movin shit, everybody just gonna have to live with it. pz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.