LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up, i got an amp from my boy and i got no way of hooking it up in a car to see if it works, so how do i hook it up in my house?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You could build a power supply out of an old ATX power supply from a computer like I did, and use it for a bench tester for head units, small to medium sized amps, etc.

If you need instructions on how to do this, PM me. I made this out of a $5 power supply I found out a local flea market ;)

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 25 2005, 02:11 PM~3881108
You could build a power supply out of an old ATX power supply from a computer like I did, and use it for a bench tester for head units, small to medium sized amps, etc.

If you need instructions on how to do this, PM me.  I made this out of a $5 power supply I found out a local flea market ;)
Don't ya mean a "AT" p/s? :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
either AT or ATX, will work. My point was, you can test your shit with a home made device that most people throw out with their old computer still attached.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by snoopdan@Sep 26 2005, 12:05 PM~3885784
either AT or ATX, will work.  My point was, you can test your shit with a home made device that most people throw out with their old computer still attached.
I know all about it, just explaning how to do it with an AT is alot simpler than using an ATX...
I'm not getting into the reasons, you know them... :cool:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 26 2005, 09:26 AM~3885927
I know all about it, just explaning how to do it with an AT is alot simpler than using an ATX...
I'm not getting into the reasons, you know them...  :cool:

Brian, don't you ever think you are too much of an ass? You are always helpful, if we see past your ignorant or "smart ass" comments, so why cant you cut out the ignorance and mr smarty pants image?

People enjoy your help, and flaming (when needed), but not all the little comments etc etc

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 26 2005, 12:35 PM~3885997
Brian, don't you ever think you are too much of an ass? You are always helpful, if we see past your ignorant or "smart ass" comments, so why cant you cut out the ignorance and mr smarty pants image?

People enjoy your help, and flaming (when needed), but not all the little comments etc etc
I thought you said we weren't gonna do this anymore...
And I quote... "lets just quit the shit and help people out"...
Yet here you are stirring the shit...
Nothing I said has anything to do with you...
That was Dan and myself posting back and forth about using a PC p/s to power mobile audio equipment......
I never can seem to understand why you always make a point to put all of my posts under a microscope...

Rather than you making a suggestion of your own on the TOPIC AT HAND, you decide to slam me...

I told you almost four months ago, I don't plan to change the way I post here for ANYONE!
In case you forgot, I did the leg work for you...

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...dpost&p=3215350

The entire thread is a good read for that matter...
Please let this be THE END of the shit...

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Sep 26 2005, 09:59 AM~3886175
I thought you said we weren't gonna do this anymore...
And I quote... "lets just quit the shit and help people out"...
Yet here you are stirring the shit...
Nothing I said has anything to do with you...
That was Dan and myself posting back and forth about using a PC p/s to power mobile audio equipment......
I never can seem to understand why you always make a point to put all of my posts under a microscope...

Rather than you making a suggestion of your own on the TOPIC AT HAND, you decide to slam me...

I told you almost four months ago, I don't plan to change the way I post here for ANYONE!
In case you forgot, I did the leg work for you...

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...dpost&p=3215350

The entire thread is a good read for that matter...
Please let this be THE END of the shit...

I agree man, I also think you can be more helpful and less lippy, and im sure although no one will back up, that doesnt matter most folks think it, you have the knowledge, try to cut some of the shit out. I aint sayin u havent helped tons of people as we all try to do.

Just a suggestion, we need a suggestion box here LoL

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 26 2005, 11:16 AM~3886290
I agree man, I also think you can be more helpful and less lippy, and im sure although no one will back up, that doesnt matter most folks think it, you have the knowledge, try to cut some of the shit out. I aint sayin u havent helped tons of people as we all try to do.

Just a suggestion, we need a suggestion box here LoL
my pussy hurts

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
if you buy just a speacially designated "bench tester"
this is the one i have, which will turn on a small subwoofer amp and power a subwoofer decently
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_co...ore=&catid=4071

you could spend a lil more money, and power medium grade sub amps with this...

or go all out and buy something like this to power larger amps

as you can see, this isn't a cheap business, yea i know what your thinking "wtf pyramid?" i'm very satisfied with the bench tester i purchased, starting to wonder if it actually puts out more power than specified.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
hey s10layingfram... thats a tight ass avatar...

and no offense, but cut the bitchmade shit out...

everywhere you go your governed by some superior (work/boss, school/teacher, highways/highway patrol.....), we dont need another restrictor (especially on a forum, we already have mods)...

no offense, im just saying, thats how he does his shit, you do yours a different way, snoopdan does his a diff. way, aaron, myself...just gotta either flow with it, or dont read...

-qs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 26 2005, 09:35 AM~3885997

I have a question. . . why are you always so quick to jump Brians ass for?

all he said was that AT is easier to use then ATX because OBVIOUSLY it has a power switch. . .

What the hell was he being so "lippy" about to begin with????

Seriously, nobody needs you little little LIL masked avengers to come in here and defend the world from Brian. If snoop had a problem with what Brian said. . .then let HIM take it up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts