LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO. IM NEW TO HYDRAULICS AND ALL. I HAVE A 85 BBUICK REGAL WITH A TWO PUMP 9 BATTERY SET UP. WHEN I LOCK UP THE REAR END IT SEEMS LIKE THE REAR OF THE CAR KICKS OUT TO ONE SIDE MORE THAN THE OTHER. MEANING THE TIRE STICKS OUT OF THE FENDER WELL ON ONE SIDE.
MY QUESTION BEING HOW DO I FIX THAT AND HOW MUCH DOES IT USUALLY COST TO FIX. I NEED IT DONE ASAP. THANKS EVERYONE. KEEP LOWRIDING...

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Sounds like bad bushings, or if you have adjustable trailing arms they are not even.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by estilo209@Feb 15 2010, 12:22 PM~16617540
HELLO. IM NEW TO HYDRAULICS AND ALL. I HAVE A 85 BBUICK REGAL WITH A TWO PUMP 9 BATTERY SET UP. WHEN I LOCK UP THE REAR END IT SEEMS LIKE THE REAR OF THE CAR KICKS OUT TO ONE SIDE MORE THAN THE OTHER. MEANING THE TIRE STICKS OUT OF THE FENDER WELL ON ONE SIDE.
        MY QUESTION BEING HOW DO I FIX THAT AND HOW MUCH DOES IT USUALLY COST TO FIX. I NEED IT DONE ASAP. THANKS EVERYONE. KEEP LOWRIDING...
AH SOUNDS LIKE MORE THEN THAT. WHAT TYPE OF REAR END YOU GOT, DID YOU REMOVE SOME THINGS IN YOUR SUSPENSION.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Your gonna need better pics to help like some of underneath lit up :cool:

·
over it
6,640 Posts
What size rear cylinders do you have and what mods to the rear suspion?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I notice that on some cars. Beginning to wonder if the factory 4 does that.

if not, bad bushings, bent parts, or just shoddy suspension work,

·
over it
6,640 Posts
I'd say shoddy work. Look at how the cylinders are attached to the rearend.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i notice when i lock up and drive i feel the car pull back in i mean the rear.

would u recomend using powerballs too? just wanna be safe

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Originally posted by estilo209@Feb 15 2010, 01:43 PM~16618209
well i notice when i lock up and drive i feel the car pull back in i mean the rear.

would u recomend using powerballs too? just wanna be safe
Yes definetly. It looks like the cylinders are at least 14" and if no mods were done it could have bent the lower trailing arms

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was thinking that too. i only noticed trailing arms. the whole rear is reinforced bot just how the cylinders or bolted on all simple

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
AH IS THAT A HYME JOINT ON THE BACK??? IF THAT IS TRUE, THERE IS YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT THERE. AND MORE THEN LIKELY YOU HAVE EITHER BENT UPPER TRAILING ARMS, OR TWEAKED THE MOUNTINGS. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A BRIDGE FOR THAT, AND MOUNT THE POWERBALLS ON THEM.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THANKS. I FOUND OUT WHAT A HYME JOINT IS.... ITS THE SHITTY JOINTS HOLDING THE BASE OF MY CYLINDERS... TY HOMIE.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by estilo209@Feb 15 2010, 03:25 PM~16619043
THANKS. I FOUND OUT WHAT A HYME JOINT IS.... ITS THE SHITTY JOINTS HOLDING THE BASE OF MY CYLINDERS... TY HOMIE.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
looks like u might have more problems then just ur heims. like mentioned before. u might have bent a mount or an arm. or buckled the bridge.. id inspect all of it, to make sure its tight and safe..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts