LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna know exactl how u would polish a block or dump or whatever....what grit sand and what polish???

·
Registered
176 Posts
I used a 80 grit paper to take out any heavy markes...Then wet sanded it with 1000 grit ..... and used a polish called blue magic... Might not be the best was to do it bit it worked and looked good aswell...... I used a car wax at the end of everything to help keep them clean

·
Registered
970 Posts
u will need a variety of papers,,,i started at 320 worked to 500..then continued threw.1000- 1500 grit ..the finer the paper that u use last will determan how shiney..i like 1500 last then ...mothers aluminum polish ...and wax if ya like :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Chrome paint

:uh:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by cdznutz42069+Jan 6 2004, 12:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cdznutz42069 @ Jan 6 2004, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TOWN CAR92@Jan 6 2004, 12:41 PM
so start with 320 around there......and finish with 1000
FINISH WITH 1500[/b][/quote]
Finish it with 2000 grit and then use some never dull to polish them out. It will be as close to chrome as your going to get.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
cool im going to doo that to mine ive been needing something to do to my blocks and dumps

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Make sure that when you use the Never Dull that you keep polishing until the cotton doesn't turn black.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Originally posted by S10lifted@Jan 6 2004, 06:58 PM
Make sure that when you use the Never Dull that you keep polishing until the cotton doesn't turn black.
i will do just that :biggrin:

·
Registered
970 Posts
the cotten will keep getting black ..just stop when your satisfied with the shine ...u dont have to start with 320..use your own judgement...if its a real rough surface start with rough paper..if not start with 400 -500 grit but i just did my prohopper blocks and dumps...im very pleased its damn near chrome..goodluck

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Jan 7 2004, 05:29 AM
the cotten will keep getting black ..just stop when your satisfied with the shine ...u dont have to start with 320..use your own judgement...if its a real rough surface start with rough paper..if not start with 400 -500 grit but i just did my prohopper blocks and dumps...im very pleased its damn near chrome..goodluck
they r prohopper blocks.....so u know how rouch the surface is

they somewaht smoooth

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Jan 7 2004, 05:29 AM
the cotten will keep getting black ..just stop when your satisfied with the shine
I have to disagree. Take a piece of the cotton and clean one area. Keep cleaning it and then buff it off. Keep changing to a new piece of the rag so you use a clean piece until you get everything off then repeat. It might take a little while but, if you keep doing it then eventually when you use the neverdull it won't turn black. Trust me I just did a backing plate the other day.
;)

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
would it work if i used a DA?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts