LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a good parts car and i need to get the quarter glass tirm off do i have to pull the glass out to remove the trim? if so is the glass just glued in like the back window

also any one know if the trim in the pic was just polished or was it chromed

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
they are a pain in the ass (no ****) to remove. The trim usually bends if you try to remove without taking the windows out. They dont use clips to hold the trim on, its more like a plastic/rubberstrip that is shaped kind of like the clips but runs the entire length of the trim. If I remember you have to go from the inside and remove the screws holding the rubber channel to the car.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was thinking it was screwed in if i peel back the trim a bit i can see some screws but i think the glass will have to come out

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got it the glass has to come out remoce the holding braket on the inside of the car cut the glue i had to use a puddy knife to cut the glue on the bottom of the window but after the glass is out there is one screw on the front trim and one screw on the back piece of trim and two screws on the bottom piece then the should slide off from front top then rear order

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now i need to find the rubber that goes on the inside of the trim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts