LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wuzza all last night i was trying to replace my left rear cylinder o ring but i couldnt figure it out cuz i dont have the regular box housings i have powerballs and i dont know how to dis assamble it to take out the shaft. do i have to twist off the entire powerbll circular housing wit a pipe wrench? becuz we tried that and it wouldnt give, if sumone could please help me i would really appreciate it, thankx.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
get the ball out of the housing and put a towell around the cylinder shaft and one around the ball and use pipe wrenches to screw it loose.

but you wont have to take the ball from the cyl shaft just to replace your o-rings...

Last edited by badass 64 at Sep 21 2003, 04:20 PM

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by badass 64@Sep 21 2003, 09:20 AM
get the ball out of the housing and put a towell around the cylinder shaft and one around the ball and use pipe wrenches to screw it loose.

but you wont have to take the ball from the cyl shaft just to replace your o-rings...
so u mean i actually have to screw it loose from thr shaft itself right? i just wrap a towel around it not to damage it then use a pipe wrench to unscrew the shaft while using another pipe wrench to hold the ball for stability and then jus unscrew the bitch out?

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by gangstaburban95+Sep 21 2003, 04:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gangstaburban95 @ Sep 21 2003, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Sep 21 2003, 09:20 AM

so u mean i actually have to screw it loose from thr shaft itself right? i just wrap a towel around it not to damage it then use a pipe wrench to unscrew the shaft while using another pipe wrench to hold the ball for stability and then jus unscrew the bitch out?[/b][/quote]
:biggrin: yeah thats right, but if you`re just replacing the o-rings you wont have to screw the ball off, just loosen the cylinder collar and slide out the cyl shaft.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by badass 64+Sep 21 2003, 09:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Sep 21 2003, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 04:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--badass 64
@Sep 21 2003, 09:20 AM

so u mean i actually have to screw it loose from thr shaft itself right? i just wrap a towel around it not to damage it then use a pipe wrench to unscrew the shaft while using another pipe wrench to hold the ball for stability and then jus unscrew the bitch out?
:biggrin: yeah thats right, but if you`re just replacing the o-rings you wont have to screw the ball off, just loosen the cylinder collar and slide out the cyl shaft.[/b][/quote]
good stuff dude :cheesy: thanx

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by gangstaburban95+Sep 22 2003, 01:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gangstaburban95 @ Sep 22 2003, 01:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -badass [email protected] 21 2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 04:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--badass 64
@Sep 21 2003, 09:20 AM

:biggrin: yeah thats right, but if you`re just replacing the o-rings you wont have to screw the ball off, just loosen the cylinder collar and slide out the cyl shaft.
good stuff dude :cheesy: thanx[/b][/quote]
;)

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
why bump an old ass topic

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
were has badass 64 gone?

anyone seen him, i tried hitting his cell but whith the time change i may just keep missing him?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts